Weekend-the Work edition

Started by MetalDog, May 03, 2013, 06:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cougar_DK

This week will be DCS world, more KA-50 training and maybe some Eador 2.
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

bob48

Might get Leviathan now I've read what some of you guys think of it, although I would have liked more single player options. Other than that, I've still got Shaddow Magic on my wish-list, so who knows.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Anguille

I plan to play Heroes of Annihilitaded Empires. I may also play some rounds of the Great Battles and Forge of Freedom which i bought this week.

tgb

Masters of the Broken World and more testing of Lock n Load - Heroes of Stalingrad

Martok

Probably Shogun 2 and some beta-testing. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Dark Souls - great RPG for both PS3 and XBOX360

Bioshock Infinite - started a 2nd play through on 1999 mode.  I'll chip away at this as much as time permits

Halo Wars - playing primarily for achievement hunting

Dominions 3 - ongoing PBEM game 'Groghammer' as well as my own single player campaign
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Hey Mikeck. Love the campaign for Shadow Magic even if it's a little light. The AI's quite good and there's alot of surprises and it doesn't feel scripted at all. Don't really like starting over each new mission with out all the stuff I just built in the last one. I did the tutorial campaigns first. Let me know how you like it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Kushan

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 03, 2013, 10:00:07 AM

I have Oblivion I am starting to mod next so I may look into it.

PE

IMO your better of sticking with Skyrim then going back to Oblivion. Oblivion was crap when it was released, and its even crappier when you compare it to Skyrim.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 03, 2013, 01:47:13 PM
Hey Mikeck. Love the campaign for Shadow Magic even if it's a little light. The AI's quite good and there's alot of surprises and it doesn't feel scripted at all. Don't really like starting over each new mission with out all the stuff I just built in the last one. I did the tutorial campaigns first. Let me know how you like it.

Yeah, like Eador, I hate starting over with new heroes throughout a campaign. I will give it a go. I'm on Norwood now ...is that still part of the tutorial?

I really want to have a battle with other wizards for control over a map. Lots of mods for that but which one is best? Dwiggs or brave new world?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Arctic Blast

Poker Night 2 probably gets some more play. I picked up Fez this week, so I may play a bit of that. Out of the Park 14 for sure...I keep restarting as a new damn team! I need to really start rolling in to a franchise.

steve58

After working through the honey-do list (mow, plant some maters and herbs, etc), I'm going to try to get in some Masters of the Broken World, Leviathan Warships and also hope to check out the latest pre-alpha release of RawBots.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 03, 2013, 03:34:43 PM
Poker Night 2 probably gets some more play. I picked up Fez this week, so I may play a bit of that. Out of the Park 14 for sure...I keep restarting as a new damn team! I need to really start rolling in to a franchise.
I'm currently 23-19 with .548 PCT (no idea what that means...win percentage?) but with a last 10 of 5-5 (had a bad time against Detroit I believe). 3rd in the ALR for Home Runs and 6th for the Batting Average in the AL.

I "real time" at x10 speed all games...so it takes me a while to get here
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 03, 2013, 09:10:13 AM
Work for me unfortunately, but a turn of CMBN, CMSF and Dominions 3 are going out no matter what!

Did you hack one of the MFD's in your 'office' to play Dominions on?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 03, 2013, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 03, 2013, 03:34:43 PM
I'm currently 23-19 with .548 PCT (no idea what that means...win percentage?) but with a last 10 of 5-5 (had a bad time against Detroit I believe). 3rd in the ALR for Home Runs and 6th for the Batting Average in the AL.

I "real time" at x10 speed all games...so it takes me a while to get here

Detroit's a nasty opponent. They have a pretty impressive rotation and a downright absurd batting order.

I think I've finally decided on the Braves for myself...unless I take a go as the Rangers...

ArizonaTank

Still entranced by War Thunder here....I really suck at it....but still like it.

Doing some board gaming this weekend as well. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.