Greetings from an Old Infantryman

Started by iron mike golf, June 08, 2015, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Welcome Iron Mike. Glad we made a good enough impression at Origins to have you join us here.

MIGMaster

Iron Mike has quite an impressive ring to it - sounds very cool - I'm going to try and work iron into my name at work  :D

Welcome aboard Amigo !

Migs

bayonetbrant

"Mike Golf" is the phonetic name for the Master Gunner in the unit.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

iron mike golf

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 09, 2015, 07:08:37 AM
"Mike Golf" is the phonetic name for the Master Gunner in the unit.

Yup. And "Iron" is for "Old Ironsides", which is the 1st Armored Division.

bayonetbrant

I didn't want to presume what the call sign was, since there are several of those floating around, but I knew the MG part of it :)

14 years in tank units will do that to you
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 09, 2015, 11:48:45 AM
I didn't want to presume what the call sign was, since there are several of those floating around, but I knew the MG part of it :)

14 years in the tank units will do that to you

FTFY

Arctic Blast

Quote from: iron mike golf on June 08, 2015, 06:35:03 PM
Thanks, folks!

Seems to be quite the jocular bunch. Great!

Oh no, we're quite a sober bunch...

Martok

Welcome to the madhouse, Iron Mike! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces