The Operational Art of War IV

Started by jomni, April 12, 2017, 07:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Seems like there are some issues.  Still I only watched 1:39 of the video and this is going to be a day one purchase for me.  I'm sure they'll fix the bugs or at least explain the anomalies detected by us grogs.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

I plan on buying this as well. But I did play the exact scenario they are showing in TAOW3 last night and it look exactly the same to me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Quote from: bbmike on June 29, 2017, 11:18:27 AM
I plan on buying this as well. But I did play the exact scenario they are showing in TAOW3 last night and it look exactly the same to me.

So it's really Green vs Green.

BradS62

It's great to see this first vid but wishes Matrix would have someone more proficient and knowledgeable demo it. So much more is there and not explained with any detail. But a great game has just about every war/conflict covered. Flexible, whatever you feel like you can play out.

Tuna

When I was watching, I too, was like "How did they take the Mountain with no opposition?".. But I stopped watching shortly after, too much yakking about different streaming formats.

Yskonyn

Yeah the constant checking and switching of streaming options or whatever it was, was super annoying.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Today, August 28th, we will be having a live stream of "The Operational Art of War IV"!

Come hang out with us on Twitch or Youtube, at 11 AM EDT / 4 PM BST / 5 PM CEST!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2330/The.Operational.Art.of.War.IV.Live.Stream.TODAY!

BradS62

Looking well excited for this to come out. The addition of more battle stats has peaked my interest. Where to start :)

LAVA

Yep,

I'm looking forward to this as well and yep it does look pretty much like every other of its predecessors.

The cool thing about TOAW is the sheer amount of player content that comes after release through player scenarios.

The one thing it has always lacked is a good tutorial. Many moons ago, I was working on a tutorial scenario for TOAW III. Never finished it though. If TOAW IV doesn't have one, I might give it another go.

W8taminute

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 01, 2017, 11:08:30 AM
Yeah the constant checking and switching of streaming options or whatever it was, was super annoying.

+1

Super annoying enough to put a stop to my watching the video.  I didn't appreciate the comments either about 'you guys will just have to buy the game and see what other scenarios come with it'.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Quote from: LAVA link=topic=19291.msg549697#msg549697 date=1504020898
I'm looking forward to this as well and yep it does look pretty much like every other of its predecessors.
/quote]
Thank goodness!!! The look of the game is one of the series strongest points. The TOAW3 UI could use some help, though.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/TOAoW4_faq_final.pdf

TOAW IV FAQ  -  everything you want to know about the wargame of the year!

Yskonyn

Sounds great.  :bd:
I forsee some PBEM fun with this!  :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bbmike

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 19, 2017, 03:38:24 AM

Well, everything you want to know except the release date.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 19, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 19, 2017, 03:38:24 AM

Well, everything you want to know except the release date.  ::)

Pffft..don't be silly. You only need to know that if you're interested in buying it :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus