Activision/Infinity Ward Settle

Started by LongBlade, May 31, 2012, 04:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I just got this investor press release. No word on the details - they're confidential - but apparently the split between Activision and Infinity Ward has been amicably settled.

QuoteSANTA MONICA, Calif., May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced that all parties to the litigation have reached a settlement of the dispute, the terms of which are strictly confidential. 

The company does not believe that the incremental one-time charges related to the settlement will result in a material impact on its GAAP or non-GAAP earnings per share outlook for the current quarter or the calendar year, due to stronger-than-expected operating performance in the current quarter.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

I can't recall the particulars of the case. Who sued whom and why? I know it had to do with some of the Talent seceding and starting their own country..err, company.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on May 31, 2012, 04:57:54 PM
...but apparently the split between Activision and Infinity Ward has been amicably settled.

I highly doubt the settlement was "amicable."
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

@ JH <chuckle>

Infinity Ward were the devs for Call of Duty.

QuoteBefore and after Activision fired studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella in March, the complaint alleges Activision forced the Infinity Ward employees to "submit to secret interrogations" and that the publisher created a "police state" - like atmosphere and "hostile work environment" at the studio.

Full story: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1105213p1.html

jomni

Quote from: LongBlade on May 31, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
@ JH <chuckle>

One of the developers.  Activision actually has two devs working on COD titles... Infinity Ward and Treyarch.   

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on May 31, 2012, 08:12:25 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 31, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
@ JH <chuckle>

One of the developers.  Activision actually has two devs working on COD titles... Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Right, but Treyarch typically played second to Infinity Ward until the split.