Paradox Interactive & Paradox France (Ageod) getting "divorced" kinda...

Started by steve58, June 04, 2012, 12:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bison

Quote from: Martok on June 04, 2012, 05:57:58 PM
Wow, I'll admit I'm surprised by this news.  I'm not displeased, though -- I think AGEOD is much better off being able to operate autonomously. 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 04, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
I hope they try to fix PoN and not just throw it on the dustheap.
They already announced they've begun work on a new update, so it doesn't sound like they're abandoning it.

The Phils have indeed said that they would be working on PoN updates to improve the game.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 04, 2012, 06:23:30 PM

The Phils have indeed said that they would be working on PoN updates to improve the game.

This seemed to be a bone of contention between the AGEOD guys and the Paradox people.  The Phils have been talking about their hope to return to PON and get it fixed up but their being pushed onto the Clausewitz thing blotting that out.  Adding 2+2 tells me that Thib's post mentioning have a lot of time to patch up PON, last week or so, should tell us that they obviously decided to follow their own path again since Pdox wasn't going to support this crazy "fix bugs" idea.  ;D

I'm happy they've been let off the leash to hold to their previous dedication of patching their games up no matter how long it takes.  While Paradox has improved their updating (thus far) with CK2, they have still left nasty bugginess unpatched in some of their games (*cough* Vic2 *cough*EU3 *cough* EU:Rome!!) or even charge to partially do so in expansions.   :-\  That tendency probably drove the Phils nuts.

jomni

Yeah patching / support philosophy of both companies are quite different.

This is actually good news since the AGE engine will live on even in the Pardox ecosystem. 
We thought it was going to die-off already.

Anguille

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on June 04, 2012, 09:07:14 PM
Yeah patching / support philosophy of both companies are quite different.

This is actually good news since the AGE engine will live on even in the Pardox ecosystem. 
We thought it was going to die-off already.

While I'm joyed to hear AGEOD has left the Paradox path, I would like to see something fresh from the AGE guys eventually.  AJE looks great, though.  8)