43 years ago today

Started by bayonetbrant, July 20, 2012, 09:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kommandant

Quote from: Barthheart on July 20, 2012, 11:17:18 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 20, 2012, 11:15:16 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on July 20, 2012, 11:04:45 AMKids nowadays got no respect.  ;)

KIDS?!

Hell, I turn 40 next week!

Ok, junior, pipe down the adults are talking...  ;)

How the fuck I got my self into playing wargames, this one of the things people would tell me to be of old people, just like classical music.... but hell.... I listen to calssical music too  :-\

I think people are dumb to classify thigs like, this is for old people, this is for young people :P

meadbelly

Quote from: kommandant on July 20, 2012, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 20, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
Marilu Henner = Hot!

And what has manned space flight accomplished in the last 43 years? nada..... :P

satellites, telecommunications, increased our knowlage in physics, medicine, biology. Manned space flight will take us into other worlds, the moon, mars, and byond. the 1969 moon landing was a crazy shit tha man did, but in the near future, we will go back, we will build bases there, we will expande into space. The future of mankind can only exist if we go to space, if we colonize other planets. So don't tell me it acompished "nada".

We'll be doing far more damage to our ability to explore other planets in and out of our solar system if we concentrate on lunar landings and colonization over a space elevator or a space-station/capacity more oriented toward manned space exploration. We knew that when we went to the moon in the first place, and our subsequent hamstringing of manned space exploration is precisely the predicted consequence of first-to-the-moon fixation. Let's not make the same mistake twice.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on July 20, 2012, 11:17:30 AMHope you have something big planned though. 40's a milestone.

actually, I'll be at Connections that morning, and not home 'til the afternoon.  Wife has something big planned for Friday, though.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys