Smoke em up Johnny!

Started by W8taminute, August 06, 2012, 10:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Cyndi Lauper was the first to shave half her head and don't you forget it.  I want to go back in time to the '80s.  It was a time when we were excellent to each other and wore savory clothes.  Today's situation is most heinous. 

Nobody is as cool as this today, eh?

Party on dudes...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Judd Nelson.  It's who I emulated in high school. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on August 06, 2012, 10:44:08 PMJudd Nelson.  It's who I emulated in high school. 

You're still in high school?!  I thought you were, like, a working man and such...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

besilarius

Brant, that's matriculated.
Now he is emulating Judd.   Copying his style, his coolness.
Can't compare to James Dean, but that's a different generation.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

I am every bit as cool now as I was in high school. Maybe even less so.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 07, 2012, 06:35:46 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on August 06, 2012, 10:44:08 PMJudd Nelson.  It's who I emulated in high school. 

You're still in high school?!  I thought you were, like, a working man and such...

Dig it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrIxvQLdYI

junk2drive

Too young for James Dean, too young for Judd whoeverheis, my age got stuck with Frank Zappa and Charles Manson and Woody Allen. We are now running the country. Be afraid, be very afraid...

MetalDog

Go easy on Frank there my friend.  He was a pioneer in music and politically active and astute in many of his observations.

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on August 07, 2012, 09:11:48 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 07, 2012, 06:35:46 AM

Dig it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrIxvQLdYI

I can dig it brother!  Good taste in music.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2012, 08:29:15 PM
I am every bit as cool now as I was in high school. Maybe even less so.

I wanna party with you man!

W8taminute

Speaking of Judd Nelson, back in 1998 my buddies and I made a weekend trip to Manhattan.  We were on a skirt chasing mission you see and saturday night we went to meet some girls we met on the street earlier in the day.  They told us to meet them at the lounge in the Paramount Hotel near Times Square.  When we walked in guess who was sitting in the corner with some other people?  Yep, Judd Nelson.  So we were torn between trying to meet with Judd or wait for the girls to show up.  In the end, the girls did indeed show and you know the rest of the story.  ;)

MetalDog

Awesome story!  And glad you liked the tune :-)  I just wish those were the hours I really worked.  It's more like 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. recently.

Gusington

These days a party for me consists of a beer, a laptop and a couch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^^Metal Dog I grew up raised on R.U.S.H., Foghat, Styx, Led Zep, and The Who so I can dig it brother.  :)

Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
These days a party for me consists of a Dunkin Donuts Medium Regular, an XBOX and a floor.

Hope you don't mind Gus but I stole your quote and modified it to reflect my current partying status.  ;)

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
These days a party for me consists of a beer, a laptop and a couch.

Great idea for 21st century party.  A bunch of couches, laptops, a few big screen TVs and lots of beer.  Pizza and strippers come in later (not necessarily at the same time).  Sweet.
Any time is a good time for pie.