[Dominions 5] Grogs4way (in progress)

Started by W8taminute, February 27, 2020, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Apparently not. His turn seems to have gotten in ok.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

Yeah, waiting on next turn from Ajidica for a bit now.  I will be out for a few hours tomorrow, but should be able to play 1-2 turns.

Ajidica

Turn coming in soon, sorry guys. Was out late last night and met up with some people after work tonight.

solops

No problemo. Just having coronaphobia.

W8taminute

I seem to be having a problem receiving turn 40 from llamaserver.  I've requested my turn be resent twice but nothing has arrived in my inbox.  I might send the admin an email requesting a ticket be open for this.  Has anyone else noticed anything strange with receiving their turns?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Not in this game. In our previous game a turn did not show, but I got it when I requested it. Keep trying and do the obvious ( junk mail box, spam, etc).

Ajidica

Quote from: W8taminute on March 26, 2020, 06:32:30 PM
I seem to be having a problem receiving turn 40 from llamaserver.  I've requested my turn be resent twice but nothing has arrived in my inbox.  I might send the admin an email requesting a ticket be open for this.  Has anyone else noticed anything strange with receiving their turns?
Nope, but I just checked and Llamaserver says it is having an email server problem.

That said, this war with Agartha and Xibalba has been brutal! I hope I've put up a good fight at least!

solops

Quote from: Ajidica on March 26, 2020, 10:42:31 PM
That said, this war with Agartha and Xibalba has been brutal! I hope I've put up a good fight at least!
More than a good fight. Every time an advance is ordered I expect something horrible and unexpected to happen.

W8taminute

I saw that message from Llamaserver as well after I posted.  Well I guess we wait.  I'll check again this evening to see if my turn got through.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

My turn 40 resend request came through.  Played the turn and submitted it but the server has not received it yet. 

Ajidica

After a long, hard fight against the barbaric jungle-frogs and cave-slugs, the proud Bakemono of Shinuyama have given up in defeat. I set myself to go AI.

It was a good fight, and congrats to Agartha and Xibalba!

TheMeInTeam

Yeah, it was rough considering it was 2v1.  Neither of us had a good answer for flaming arrows for most of the war.  Then when I finally did, you had earthquake and a monolith appearing in capital.  Earthquake really screwed up the sabbath --> arrow fend + wind guide plan, shredding both hoburgs and blood slaves.

Given the circumstances, it was an economic war from the start, and that's an extremely difficult situation to defend with what you had available.  Yet you still made it very difficult.  Kudos for showing just how valuable practical experience can be against other players.

W8taminute

As always you are a worthy opponent Ajidica.  Look forward to the next game!

W8taminute

Game update for those who might be following along.

Shinuyama (Ajidica) has been eliminated having lost their capital after a prolonged and bitter siege.  Agartha (solops), Xibalba (TheMeInTeam), and Tien Chi (myself) remain. 

A council was held by the remaining pretenders and all came to an agreement.  This world can only have one pretender god and thus the rush for the thrones will be a free for all battle to the end.  Agartha is currently the closest to victory with 4 of the necessary 6 points needed for a throne win followed by Xibalba at 3 points.  Tien Chi has one point.

Who will win?  In 5 turns the greatest war the realm has ever seen will begin where the existing non-aggression pacts will dissolve honorably.   

May the best pretender win!