Dyson Sphere Program

Started by Jarhead0331, January 23, 2021, 09:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This is shaping up to be an extremely interesting early access game.

It is really hard to pin down and describe. It sort of combines games like Factorio, Satisfactory and maybe, Universim or Planetary Annihilation maybe? You are basically in control of this giant mech that you fly from plant to planet across the solar system in order to set up factories, resource gathering and mining facilities all for the purpose of powering Dyson Spheres that I think keep your civilization alive. So it combines exploration, resource gathering, mining, crafting, building and I think even combat.  I've got less than an hour in so far, but I'm pretty impressed. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive too...give it a look.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1366540/Dyson_Sphere_Program/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Does look weirdly interesting. Is there a campaign available now?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

I saw it the other day, but have more games than time as usual.  Is there any enemy that can attack?  If not then I wonder how you can "lose" the game?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on January 24, 2021, 06:30:10 AM
I saw it the other day, but have more games than time as usual.  Is there any enemy that can attack?  If not then I wonder how you can "lose" the game?

Yes. It looks there  is combat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2021, 07:21:26 AM

Yes. It looks there  is combat.

OK, thanks.  That makes me more interested.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Pete Dero

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 24, 2021, 01:34:46 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/dastactic

DasTactic : Let's play DYSON SPHERE PROGRAM

He is quickly becoming my go-to guy with his how-to-play game videos.  His Shadow Empire videos were excellent.

Jarhead0331

This game is one hell of a time sink. Holy cow!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2021, 08:01:51 PM
This game is one hell of a time sink. Holy cow!

Exactly the reason I am going to let it mature. I have got so many games to play right now. Once I get around to this one it'll be so good!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I've been keeping an eye on this myself.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks interesting.  I was going to pull the trigger but I read that you can't rebind keys at this point so I'll hold off for now.  If they implement that feature, I'll jump on board.

Rayfer

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 25, 2021, 02:28:56 PM
Looks interesting.  I was going to pull the trigger but I read that you can't rebind keys at this point so I'll hold off for now.  If they implement that feature, I'll jump on board.

SDR....just curious, why is rebinding keys so important? 

Jarhead0331

For what it is worth, the key layout is fairly intuitive. I have not had the urge to change anything.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Not a review, but good impressions.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Rayfer on January 25, 2021, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 25, 2021, 02:28:56 PM

SDR....just curious, why is rebinding keys so important?

Can't do the WASD setup so I use my left hand for the mouse and I like to remap all my keys to the number pad.