New 40K Game Revealed

Started by Jarhead0331, June 03, 2021, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters

If this is a new version of the old Chaos Gate and it's done right, I might go into cardiac arrest over this...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Take your meds!

At the risk of a thread hijacking, I was introduced to Necromunda: Hired Gun on the Steam Warhammer Skulls sale today...Blade Runner vibe set in the 41st Millenium:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2021, 03:23:04 PM
^Take your meds!

At the risk of a thread hijacking, I was introduced to Necromunda: Hired Gun on the Steam Warhammer Skulls sale today...Blade Runner vibe set in the 41st Millenium:

You don't say?

Why not post about it here?  http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25450.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

New trailer...they better not screw this one up or bring shame to my beloved Chaos Gate. One of the best games ever!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1611910/Warhammer_40000_Chaos_Gate__Daemonhunters/

Lead humanity's greatest weapon, the Grey Knights, in this fast-paced turn-based tactical RPG. Root out and purge a galaxy-spanning plague in a cinematic, story-driven campaign, using the tactics and talents of your own personalised squad of Daemonhunters.

Forge Your Champions

Grey Knights are humanity's greatest weapon. A secretive yet supremely powerful chapter of Space Marines sworn to eradicate corruption, these legendary Daemonhunters are dedicated to combating the minions of Chaos. Lead your own personalised squad against a galaxy-wide plot to infect worlds with a cosmic plague, The Bloom.

Plan Your Strategy

Master a turn-based tactical game full of satisfyingly strategic action. Choose powerful classes, wield incredible weapons, use environments to your advantage, and target specific enemy weak points to hinder the advance of an ever-evolving and mutating threat.
Enter the 41st Millennium

Penned by acclaimed Black Library author Aaron Dembski-Bowden, immerse yourself in a compelling story set in the grimdark universe of Warhammer 40,000. Meet famous faces, engage iconic foes, and discover what it takes to lead a squad of elite warriors battling to prevent galaxy-wide destruction in the 41st millennium.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

WEGO? Wait, it's single player. Forget it...  :pullhair: Probably mediocre like every other 40k game these days anyways.
I guess we shall see.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

The campaign map reminds me of Star Wars: Empire at War and the tactical bits remind me a little of Mechanicus on steroids with a little XCOM thrown in. Smells like...a hot delicious WH40k biscuit on a Sunday morning.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Oh yeah!  That does show promise.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Yeah this does look good.  I see that the strategic layer might just be for traveling around.  No ship to ship combat, just troop combat on the ground.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

^yeah. I haven't seen anything to suggest there will be ship combat. It's a game about Grey Knights, so I'd expect the focus to be on combat with that team in play. Maybe there will be some combat aboard vessels through boarding actions?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Ok...this looks like one worth waiting for.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd