Religion and Politics

Started by Jarhead0331, July 22, 2021, 01:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

After meeting in emergency executive session, the administration and board of directors have decided to close the Religion and Politics forum until further notice.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

Did something happen overnight or was it just too much sarcastic self righteousness?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Jarhead0331

Just a collective decision made for the betterment of the site.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Awesome. R&P is the ultimate hive of scum and villainy. 👍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Although I enjoyed R&P it had degenerated into a hate festival lately.  The decision to close it is a good one. 
It could have been a good way to discuss controversial subjects in a members only area if only everyone could have behaved. 

I'm hoping that the bad behavior there doesn't spill over into the public areas.  As for myself I will make sure I keep it cool and pertinent to gaming discussion in the designated areas.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

More betterment is always good. I won't lose sleep over it. As long as we can all agree....I won! Just kidding. There were some really great discussions gotten into by all involved. The decision to even allow a R&P Forum was a courageous call by the Admin. here and undoubtedly a correct one.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 22, 2021, 09:13:33 AM

I'm hoping that the bad behavior there doesn't spill over into the public areas.  As for myself I will make sure I keep it cool and pertinent to gaming discussion in the designated areas.   8)

There will be no spillage. Of that, I am certain.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2021, 10:19:28 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 22, 2021, 09:13:33 AM

There will be no spillage. Of that, I am certain.

Thanks JH.  That's good to hear. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

gaming doesn't really mix well with politics
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

jamus34

Quote from: ArizonaTank on July 22, 2021, 11:14:17 AM
gaming doesn't really mix well with politics

Nothing mixes well with politics.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Nor religion. Call me old fashioned but that's why fellers like me do not talk about either politics or religion in 'polite company.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

More and more topics are getting corrupted by politics. There seem to be plenty of scientific subjects falling under that umbrella now.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell