Main Menu

V Rising

Started by Jarhead0331, May 17, 2022, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This looks pretty damn cool.

A Vampire Survival Experience

Awaken as a weakened vampire after centuries of slumber. Hunt for blood to regain your strength while hiding from the scorching sun to survive. Rebuild your castle and convert humans into your loyal servants in a quest to raise your vampire empire. Make allies or enemies online or play solo offline, fend off holy soldiers, and wage war in a world of conflict.

Will you become the next Dracula?
A Gothic Open-World
Explore a vast world teeming with mythical horrors and danger. Travel through lush forests, open countryside, and dark caverns to discover valuable resources, meeting friends and foes alike along the way. Traverse the world with vampire comrades or hunt solo as you pillage villages, raid bandits, and delve into the domains of supernatural beasts.

Fear the light - Rule the night
Stick to the shadows during the daytime, or the burning sunlight will turn you to ashes. Roam the night and prey on your victims in the darkness. As a vampire, you must quench your thirst for blood while planning your strategies around the day and nighttime.

Raise your Castle
Gather resources and discover ancient techniques to gain dark powers. Use your newly acquired knowledge to build a castle where you can store your loot and grow your army of darkness. Personalize your domain, exhibit your vampiric style and make sure to craft coffins for servants and friends. Strengthen your castle to protect your treasure hoard from vampire rivals.

Compete or Cooperate
Travel alone or explore the world with friends. Fighting side by side with other vampires will give you an advantage in the fight to conquer the greatest threats of Vardoran. Raid other players' castles or play the diplomat in the game of blood, power, and betrayal. Compete or cooperate - the choice is yours.

Master your Vampire
Learn and master an arsenal of deadly weapons and unholy abilities. In V Rising, you aim skill-shots and dodge projectiles using​ precise​​ ​WASD controls ​and cursor-based​ ​aiming - no click to move. Tailor your vampire to fit your play style by combining weapons with a variety of spells earned through vanquishing powerful foes. Master your skills and unleash your wicked powers.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604030/V_Rising/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

This game has potential to be as addictive as crack. Just sayin'.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Just bought it! Will be going for more Pillars of Eternity and Old World and Total War: Troy first, but after firing it up just for a few minutes, it will be hard not to jump into this. Been looking forward to today's release for a long time, maybe a year or more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

picked this up as well. playing solo on private server. really like how they implemented the day/night cycle and the feeding system. i just have to remember that stuff respawns! ran into previous mobs while kiting another group. not fun running back to get your resources you dropped after they kill you :'(

Gusington

How finished does the gameplay feel to you? When I poked around in the games menus it seemed pretty slick, but I haven't started actual gameplay yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2022, 06:34:40 AM
How finished does the gameplay feel to you? When I poked around in the games menus it seemed pretty slick, but I haven't started actual gameplay yet.

It is very polished. Does not feel like early access to me. I can easily lose hours in this. Something about it reminds me of World of Warcraft.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Nice, I may have to go in much sooner than later, like this weekend. I can't resist a good vampire game. I get Legacy of Kain vibes here. I loved that game...25 years ago. Just the way the player was able to feed as Kain made me scream with delight.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2022, 06:54:16 AM
Nice, I may have to go in much sooner than later, like this weekend. I can't resist a good vampire game. I get Legacy of Kain vibes here. I loved that game...25 years ago. Just the way the player was able to feed as Kain made me scream with delight.

Yeah...I would t sit on this one. It screams for your loins.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

CptHowdy

Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2022, 06:34:40 AM

I have 4 hours gametime according to steam at the moment. I have upgraded my armor and weapons once and have gotten one extra skill(start with 2). The map is huge and has teleports but you can only use them if you aren't carrying resources. Hopefully a faster means of travel opens up later. I have also built some crafting stations and a few walls for my castle. it doesnt have a roof yet as i need to build an archway for my gate and am in the process of collecting materials for it! so far i have encountered animals, skeletons, humans and a golem. As far as I can tell they all interact with each other. I've been running down the road and see piles of loot to collect. It seems a patrol came across some wolves and dispatched them for me! gameplay is smooth so far. just hold down left mouse to attack, no need to target anything yet but I do have one range skill that needs you to direct it. I did try to map my rotate camera to the q key(default is mapped to right mouse button) but it didn't work. hopefully that is sorted as I would like to map another attack to my right button when i get one! Enjoyed my four hours so far as I only stopped to get me something to eat!

Gusington

Sweet, thanks Howdy.

If a game is screaming for my loins I must answer.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2022, 06:56:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2022, 06:54:16 AM

Yeah...I would t sit on this one. It screams for your loins.

That's what she said.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a PC game based on a bad 80s TV mini-series about lizard aliens (pretending to be human-like benefactors) who were being persecuted and maligned by scientists.

It's not lost to me that the actor who played "Willy", the furtive, shy and compassionate Visitor who befriended humanity, went on to spend the rest of his Hollywood career playing Freddy Krueger.

Gusington

^How dare you - I loved V when I was...9 years old  :nerd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd