Anybody still playing Naval Warfare Artic Circle ?

Started by MIGMaster, October 25, 2012, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Kushan on October 26, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 26, 2012, 02:33:42 PM
Quote from: Kushan on October 26, 2012, 02:16:35 PM
I was really looking forward to Command, but I think I'm going to have to pass on it.

for whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?  :'(

It looks like a good game and I wish the developers the best of luck with it. I don't agree with them locking down the database to modders. I've had a idea to do a 2030+ scenarios for awhile. Guided missile battleships/cruisers with effective anti ship missiles, and a really dangerous SAM environment for aircraft. All set in a Red Storm Rising futuristic Cold War. May not be realistic, but I think it could make for sme interesting scenarios, especially since command models land warfare as well. Inwould be happy even if the main database stayed the same, and I had to add nits and systems in a scenario per scenario bases.

IIRC the developers will and system that you request, but only if they follow their guidelines, and they have said no futuristic weaponry.

I may pick it up if/when it goes on sale, but probably not at release.

If Command ever becomes available, I will be working on pre-1980 Cold War scenarios.  They seem to have pretty good stuff on that period so that's what I'll be doing.

bostonmyk

Hi Kushan,

I'm one of the developers of Command. I just wanted to post and clarify that you can modify units in the game. I think the confusion is that we're implementing the capability in the scenario editor and not in a separate db editor. Specifically you're able to add/delete weapons and sensors and modify whats in a mount (so swap a SS-N-22 for a C-803 for example). We believe this is what 90% of most editors want. If this turns out to be wrong the change isn't pounded into stone and we can implement the capability.

In terms of requesting units to our existing databases I think the db ask for a link to a real picture and some source data to build the unit. In terms of fantasy units its up to our db designers but I can tell you there are a few in our Cold War database.

Thanks for your interest!

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

LongBlade

Quote from: bostonmyk on November 03, 2012, 05:05:21 PM
Hi Kushan,

I'm one of the developers of Command. I just wanted to post and clarify that you can modify units in the game. I think the confusion is that we're implementing the capability in the scenario editor and not in a separate db editor. Specifically you're able to add/delete weapons and sensors and modify whats in a mount (so swap a SS-N-22 for a C-803 for example). We believe this is what 90% of most editors want. If this turns out to be wrong the change isn't pounded into stone and we can implement the capability.

In terms of requesting units to our existing databases I think the db ask for a link to a real picture and some source data to build the unit. In terms of fantasy units its up to our db designers but I can tell you there are a few in our Cold War database.

Thanks for your interest!

Welcome, Bostonmyk!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bostonmyk

Hi Longblade,

Nice place you've got there. Tons going on.

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Staggerwing

^'S true!

Thanks for letting us know about the practical modding status. I'm sure there is definitely a sub-cult that would like to game classic cold war scenarios (50's to 80's) as well as conflicts between smaller powers in the Indian Ocean or the like. 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bismarck

IN terms of NWAC, I have better things to do other than staring at a screen wondering if the system's locked or if that's the way the game works.
Jim Cobb

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Herman Hum

"Features

Two new stealth bombers, the US Air Force B-2 Spirit and the Russian PAK-DA
    Two new powerful warships, the unique Zumwalt class destroyer and Russia's powerful new destroyer, currently known as Project 21956
    Two extensive new missions featuring the new units
    One multiplayer-skirmish mission with the new units
    New units available for the Mission Editor"

I see nothing in there about fixing their bugs.  Adding more scenarios/missions to the game is fine, but they will still suffer from the same bugs currently making the game virtually unplayable.
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

mikeck

Until I can save the game during a mission, I don't care what they add. No excuse.....I mean NO EXCUSE for not being able to save the game until the mission ends.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bismarck

I'm not wasting any more time with this until I get assurances the crashes are fixed.
Jim Cobb

Herman Hum

Quote from: mikeck on November 22, 2012, 06:19:42 PM
Until I can save the game during a mission, I don't care what they add. No excuse.....I mean NO EXCUSE for not being able to save the game until the mission ends.
That's just laziness on your part.  Just make sure you have 6-8 uninterrupted hours to play a single session.  ;)
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, there's a bit of a stink on the Paradox forum due to the fact that DLC has been announced but not a single game dev has responded to questions about saves or crash fixes in months.

As I'm still a crash bug victim, I won't be buying the DLC.

LongBlade

Quote from: bostonmyk on November 03, 2012, 06:59:21 PM
Hi Longblade,

Nice place you've got there. Tons going on.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

Wolfe1759

Who on earth are they going to actually sell the DLC to ?

To buy the DLC you must already own the base game, if you own the base game you will apparently be aware that it is unplayable because you haven't been able to play it (given the bugs, crashes and NO SAVE GAME) thus you are going to know not to flush more of your money down the drain.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

LongBlade

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on November 22, 2012, 07:39:29 PM
Who on earth are they going to actually sell the DLC to ?

The game did work for some folks. My copy ran. It had some bugs, but I didn't have any crashes.

I agree it's a very bad idea to not respond on your own forum to requests for help in crashes. That does not bode well and would rightfully discourage people from buying a game or its expansion(s).