Main Menu

Civ V Patch

Started by TheCommandTent, November 20, 2012, 09:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Logged on to STEAM today to see a patch for Civ V being downloaded.  It looks like a fairly big one that improves the balance of the game.

QuoteCivilization V's 'Fall' patch has been a long time coming, but it's crept onto Steam just in time to see the country sacked by the barbarian invader known as 'Jack Frost'. As updates go, it's less of a patch and more of a plaster cast, attempting to perfect the balance of the game with a frankly enormous number of bug fixes, balance tweaks and general spit-and-polish. You'll find the full list here, but we've plucked out a few gems after the break.

Bug fixes include the news that "resurrecting a player will have both sides forget any denouncing that happened before resurrected", while "if you intentionally starve your city by reassigning all your citizens to be unemployed, you won't end up with more citizens than you have population." Which makes sense. Balance-wise, you'll now get 25HP for pillaging tiles, and you'll receive less "espionage notification spam". Additionally, Ultrabook users have been granted touch/gesture support, with a new gesture menu that lets you control the game by tapping and dragging on the screen. Again, that's just the tip of the iceberg – ginormo list of changes available here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/04/civilization-5-aims-to-restore-the-balance-via-giant-fall-patch/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

And below is the link to the full list of fixes and improvements.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/9258/
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bbmike

Well, that patch was released a couple of weeks ago. It seems to have introduced more problems with the game. Another patch has already been announced with possible new DLC.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bbmike on November 20, 2012, 09:33:09 PM
Well, that patch was released a couple of weeks ago. It seems to have introduced more problems with the game. Another patch has already been announced with possible new DLC.

Thanks I missed the date on the article there.  The update today must have been some fixes for it.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bbmike

Ah, you're right! There was a new update that fixed the "mega" patch. Thanks for the tip!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak