North Korea: When Internet Trolls Get Nukes

Started by JasonPratt, March 07, 2013, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Longdan on March 09, 2013, 11:58:30 AM
My Dad told me they are ridiculously hard to kill.
I'm sure if you ask Jarhead nicely, he can let you know just what you need to get rid of a hard to kill Nork infestation. ;) :o
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 08, 2013, 10:26:59 PM
Here's an unsettling thought: how close does a nuke really have to get in a cargo ship to a harbor anyway?

Or ten nukes?

And while I'd certainly grieve over the loss of American (or some other country's) life attacked by the Norks, I'd grieve over the utter crushing of North Korea to follow, too. Yes, I know, it would have to be done, not disputing that. Still, people have souls wherever they are; and however careful we are people (and lots and lots of people in this case) would get in the way who shouldn't have to pay for the crimes of their leaders.

Since you mention it, don't forget they have subs that snuck up on a SK patrol ship. Where can they put those subs with their device in it?

I get the feeling LiL Kim will not be around in 5 years.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MikeGER

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 08, 2013, 10:26:59 PM
Here's an unsettling thought: how close does a nuke really have to get in a cargo ship to a harbor anyway?
you can wargame it here ... (i don't know if it calculate an airblast of optimum height or ground level so)

http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ 

Nk's latest test bomb is about  a 1 mile radius high causalities by different effects thing

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on March 09, 2013, 10:56:24 PM

Since you mention it, don't forget they have subs that snuck up on a SK patrol ship. Where can they put those subs with their device in it?

I get the feeling LiL Kim will not be around in 5 years.

they didnt sneak up on that SK patrol ship, they sunk it which led to a weekend arty duel.  most people dont realize that theres just a cease fire in place and not a peace treaty.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Longdan

I keep saying we tried it and it didn't work.
MacArthur wanted to start nuking but democracy reared it's ugly head.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

mirth

Quote from: Longdan on March 11, 2013, 11:54:20 AM
I keep saying we tried it and it didn't work.
MacArthur wanted to start nuking but democracy reared it's ugly head.

The interdiction campaign in Korea was actually quite effective once we had sufficient air assets available in theater. It's safe to say that we would have even better results if it came to a second round.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

As I recall, THE WHOLE WAR in Korea was effective until China stepped up.

Oh well. I wonder if Shrapnel's Raging Tiger game has picked up some sales recently...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

eyebiter

An article on the most popular second Korean War games (board or computer) on the market?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: eyebiter on March 11, 2013, 03:47:16 PM
An article on the most popular second Korean War games (board or computer) on the market?

and we'll expect it from you.... when? ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 11, 2013, 03:22:03 PM
As I recall, THE WHOLE WAR in Korea was effective until China stepped up.

We did almost get booted off the peninsula entirely in 1950. The early battles involving US troops didn't go too well.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Yep, that's a first, isn't it?

I realize that politically the right thing to say is that they can't unilaterally dissolve an armistice, but that's only a way of saying they can take it back and no one will complain, giving them a way back in. Practically anyone on any side can dissolve an armistice.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!