Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

MSRP is listed as 80 bucks, with a 30% preorder discount.  They usually do that, but this is the module that would have sold like hotcakes with no discount and MSRP at 100 bucks.  I know I would have easily payed a 100 bucks for a dcs apache, I've payed that for PMDG aircraft and they don't even blow stuff up. It's actually good value in this module.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on October 08, 2021, 03:55:30 PM
MSRP is listed as 80 bucks, with a 30% preorder discount.  They usually do that, but this is the module that would have sold like hotcakes with no discount and MSRP at 100 bucks.  I know I would have easily payed a 100 bucks for a dcs apache, I've payed that for PMDG aircraft and they don't even blow stuff up. It's actually good value in this module.

For the amount of research, time and effort that goes into these high fidelity models, I think the prices are criminally low...but who am I to complain?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 08, 2021, 04:16:03 PM

For the amount of research, time and effort that goes into these high fidelity models, I think the prices are criminally low...but who am I to complain?

I find their sales and Miles Rewards to be very generous on top of that.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

The helicopter gunfights should be pretty damn nifty from here forward.

SirAndrewD

I finally pulled the long delayed trigger on the Valve Index last night when I saw the combo kit was in stock.

Time to take this to the next level!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 16, 2021, 01:07:32 PM
I finally pulled the long delayed trigger on the Valve Index last night when I saw the combo kit was in stock.

Time to take this to the next level!

Is this your first headset?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 16, 2021, 01:56:11 PM

Yep.  Almost pulled the trigger on several before but never did it. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 16, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 16, 2021, 01:56:11 PM

Yep.  Almost pulled the trigger on several before but never did it.

It's just about the one major headset I don't have, but I hear good things. It's probably the best "jack-of-all trades" headset and those knuckle controllers are probably the best on the market presently. It may not have the resolution of the reverb g2 or the fov of the Pimax, but it still seems like a great unit. Look forward to your impressions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 07, 2021, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 07, 2021, 03:37:37 AM
Been playing the F5 with a mate lately.

Huh?  Looks like a Mig-28 to me. 

Can you get it in a 4 G negative dive?

It's really cool. The F5 comes with this Mig-28 skin when you buy it and is even recognised on Radar and such as a mig28. The devs must have had top gun in mind when they made this module. She reminds me of the F-105 star fighter in terms of being a little rocket with low wing loading.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 16, 2021, 04:57:34 PM

It's just about the one major headset I don't have, but I hear good things. It's probably the best "jack-of-all trades" headset and those knuckle controllers are probably the best on the market presently. It may not have the resolution of the reverb g2 or the fov of the Pimax, but it still seems like a great unit. Look forward to your impressions.

Yeah, that's why I made the purchase after a lot of research.

I'll be sure to give a review either on this thread or the VR one.  Should be here sometime next week.

Destraex

It seems my TrackIR goes to sleep when I have it on pause to practice refuelling. The game really hates that.

Watching my friend attempt to refuel. "Pre-contact..... chicks in tow" :P

That grey is the perfect camo

Supercarrier. Funny but the first time my mate took off we wanted to try it with the wings folded. The carrier crew did not bat an eyelid. Second time they were signalling him he had his wings folded.

You are taking on fuel... actually that was a second ago. Not proficient enough to refuel for more than a few seconds at a time yet. Plus the damned tanker keeps wanting to turn on his circuit.

I get in the basket ok. But cannot hold it for long. I sometimes have to get the drogue to retract back in and extend again because it bugs out and I just go through it with the refuelling probe.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

I like the A7 and all the aircraft from this era. But the Phantom really is what I want out of this era. Plus a Vietnam map.
I actually thought the Forrestal was a great addition and was floored to find out it had some supercarrier features incorporated and that they were considering expanding it to full supercarrier level.

SirAndrewD

Badly want the A7 and F4 to go with my Mig-21 and Mig-19.

We really need a Mig-17 too. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 26, 2021, 01:43:13 PM
Badly want the A7 and F4 to go with my Mig-21 and Mig-19.

We really need a Mig-17 too.

Red Star Simulations is working on the Mig-17F.

https://redstarsimulations.com/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog