Ground Control...Withstanding the test of time

Started by Jarhead0331, October 24, 2018, 08:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I don't know why, but I had the random urge to re-install Ground Control today. Its been over a decade probably since I last played it.

Anyway, it still looks pretty good and it is such a highly polished game that it holds up exceedingly well. I absolutely loved this game when it came out...I played it to death. So far, its bringing back the same joy. Its presently $4.99 on steam or $5.99 on GoG and it runs great on my Win10 system.

Boy, they just don't make 'em like this anymore...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

nothing to this day has topped Homeworld either. 
those people know how to make a solid gaming experience.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Grim.Reaper

i don't remember this one at all....i had to go look it up.  pretty cheap so maybe someday will give it a go

bob48

I played it a lot back in the day, and, like JH, I've been tempted to try and get it back on - it was/is an excellent game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

I actually played this a couple years ago and it's still fanatic. As well as GC2. I love when I finally get by air support
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tpek

GC1 was an amazing gem in its day.
I finished it and the expansion (Dark Conspiracy), and even played the Multiplayer mode a bit.

GC2 on the other hand disappointed me.