Your occasional reminder that the Batman: Arkham games are great and also goofy!

Started by JasonPratt, June 06, 2023, 03:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

This video emphasizes the goofiness of the original game, with a somewhat-new storyline:

Laughed hard, wanted to share.  :grin:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I have enjoyed them muchly the last few years, on your recommendation.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

I bought three Arkham games in a bundle at a crazy discount a few years ago...like 90% off or something.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I think I played Batman: Arkham Horror Asylum on XBOX360 many years ago.  Fun game from what I remember. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Gus, that probably didn't include Origins (which sometimes isn't included in sale packs due to not strictly being made by Rock-whatever) -- but Origins is WELL WORTH the play, too, if you liked the other three. Arguably the best overarching story and side-stories, and DEFINITELY the best expansion (Cold Cold Heart).

Just don't bother totally beating the Riddler in that one; it isn't worth it. The partial win is fine, and might be required to advance the main plot anyway.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Ah, hm. Was ArkKnight the missing one? It's a fine grand finale (but get a complete pack on sale for the expansions which range from okay to very good, especially the extra side missions in-game.)

Gusington

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Arkham Pajamas

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Heh! -- those are the only good games. A few others exist, like Blackgate, which isn't entirely bad as a game but it's very different. It's plot-important, sort-of, but you're better off just watching a compilation film for an hour and half.