Norks Launch Missile

Started by LongBlade, April 12, 2012, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

All I could think of when I saw this last night was the poor techs and engineer's who're gonna against the wall for the national failure in front of the world..... but maybe one of them was a hero and did it on purpose.

Staggerwing

After losing face they will probably throw another nuke down the well in hopes it will rattle some teeth and jangle some nerves.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 13, 2012, 01:12:32 PM
After losing face they will probably throw another nuke down the well in hopes it will rattle some teeth and jangle some nerves.

Why the Chinese coddle those fools is beyond my imagination.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on April 13, 2012, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 13, 2012, 01:12:32 PM

Yeah that makes no sense to me either. The Chinese are already taking over the world with capitalism they don't need the dsitraction of a wingnut on their door step.....

Silent Disapproval Robot

The Chinese use the Norks as their flying monkey to rattle the cages of the regional powers whenever the need arises.

besilarius

NAH!
The missile launch was only window dressing.  It was the teaser for the real event.
The two bronze, 50 foot statues of the founding Kim, and Kim Jong Il, his son.  (Who also grew by at least twenty percent to have his statue as big as his dad's.)
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MikeGER

last eve i saw an interview with Japans former secretary of defense (so a guy who should know)
He said: China simply don't like a German style reunification of Korea with close US ties and further boost in Korean economic strength

(can you imagine if both Korea's could redirect all the effort and manpower that goes now into military then into semiconductors, latest electronics, and so on. plus the economic growth that would come from rebuilding North Korea to southkorean 21st century standards.)   

LongBlade

Quote from: MikeGER on April 14, 2012, 12:46:39 AM

last eve i saw an interview with Japans former secretary of defense (so a guy who should know)
He said: China simply don't like a German style reunification of Korea with close US ties and further boost in Korean economic strength

(can you imagine if both Korea's could redirect all the effort and manpower that goes now into military then into semiconductors, latest electronics, and so on. plus the economic growth that would come from rebuilding North Korea to southkorean 21st century standards.)   

Hmmm.

Interesting theory.

From the little I've read, the South Koreans aren't interested in a German style of unification, either. They saw the cost and length of time it took for Germany to recover and have decided that isn't an experience they want to try.

MikeGER

Quote from: LongBlade on April 14, 2012, 09:21:28 AM
They saw the cost and length of time it took for Germany to recover and have decided that isn't an experience they want to try.

we made some tremendous faults while in the process of reunification

..out of sentiments, and not to tell (and let feel) the EastGermans the ugly truth, that their lifetime savings were 'almost worthless' / all wealth systematically robbed by their Ruski communist brothers
so the money was exchanged 1:2  where 1:10 was the real exchange value

also we had to bribe the Ivans with 4 Billion DM  for 'troop relocation costs' and for example let them slip away with no cleanup responsibility for the environmental damage the troops did to the landscape where they were stationed (decades with 'who cares anyway'-spills of all kind of chemicals and hazard waste other dangerous leftovers which has to be cleaned to 'EU standard' )

and a lot of more complicated economy details too

The Koreans as Asians naturally have not sooo much of 'sentiments' for northeren cousin to take into calculation
they would just annex North Korea and the ppl there would be more then glad to have freedom and as much rice+cabbage all.you.can.eat dishes each day.
So it would be much cheeper and faster for them then we did here       

LongBlade

Good points, Mike, but I fear for the mental costs.

I was watching TV last night and they were discussing the Norks. If someone commits a crime there they punish three generations for the crime. I don't even think the Stasi left scars that deep.

Mr. Bigglesworth

So they would lay waste to the families of the rocket scientists? Stuff them down the nuke tunnel?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

Commentary on a soccer match from this morning's highlights:

"The range on that ball would make it the envy of the North Korean space program."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 16, 2012, 09:07:27 AM

"The range on that ball would make it the envy of the North Korean space program."

;D

LongBlade

Nice.

LongBlade

Driving the point further home:

QuoteA half dozen ominous new North Korean missiles showcased at a lavish military parade were clumsy fakes, analysts say, casting more doubt on the country's claims of military prowess after its recent rocket launch failure.

The weapons displayed April 15 appear to be a mishmash of liquid-fuel and solid-fuel components that could never fly together. Undulating casings on the missiles suggest the metal is too thin to withstand flight. Each missile was slightly different from the others, even though all were supposedly the same make. They don't even fit the launchers they were carried on.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/26/analysts-say-north-korea-new-missiles-displayed-at-parade-are-fakes