Just More Proof Metal and Obama don't Mix

Started by MIGMaster, April 18, 2012, 09:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

Terrible Ted continues to get more media attention and should be in jail according to some:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/opinion/granderson-nugent/index.html

son_of_montfort

I'm not sure how to respond to "went beyond his limit hunting bears." I guess the idea of Ted Nugent, in a forest, shooting a bear with a bow while it roars and rushes at him... well... sounds like a Ted Nugent album cover idea.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on April 25, 2012, 11:04:22 AM
I'm not sure how to respond to "went beyond his limit hunting bears." I guess the idea of Ted Nugent, in a forest, shooting a bear with a bow while it roars and rushes at him... well... sounds like a Ted Nugent album cover idea.

If I read the article correctly he wounded a bear with a bow and then either shot with rifle or bow a second and killed it.

However, Alaska seems to count the wound as part of your limit and therein lies the problem.

At least that what I thought it said. I didn't read the details too closely. He's obviously in trouble, and I simply wanted to share since we already had a thread going.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Still sounds like a kickin' album cover.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MIGMaster

Raises some interesting questions about game laws ? All the time I spent hunting, nobody ever mentioned a wounded animal being part of the bag limit?

Barthheart

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 25, 2012, 12:28:08 PM
Raises some interesting questions about game laws ? All the time I spent hunting, nobody ever mentioned a wounded animal being part of the bag limit?

Yeah that don't sound right somehow....  :o

LongBlade

Here's another article with more detail.

QuoteAccording to the document, Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island in southeast Alaska after wounding another bear in a bow hunt. The bow incident counted toward a seasonal limit of one bear in that location. Nugent and his lawyer, Wayne Anthony Ross, said neither of them knew about that law.

The judge said he wasn't aware of the "sort of one-strike policy" either.

"It probably is not widely known, and if there is a side benefit to the agreement reached here today — since apparently newspapers are interested in Mr. Nugent and his doings — this probably will serve to alert a great many hunters to that very issue and may, in fact, prevent violations in the future and court activity for a whole slew of folks."

The plea agreement says Nugent knowingly possessed and transported the bear in misdemeanor violation of the federal Lacey Act.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-pleads-guilty-illegal-ak-bear-kill-210208890.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Ah... he let the wounded bear go and shot a different one. Jacka$$.

MIGMaster

I guess it comes down to the ethical conduct of a hunter. You always track a wounded animal - I think the sport part of hunting eludes a lot of people - those who see not getting anything a failure. Doing it right is part of the satisfaction. At least that's what the Old Man beat into my head! 

son_of_montfort

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 25, 2012, 01:34:49 PM
I guess it comes down to the ethical conduct of a hunter. You always track a wounded animal - I think the sport part of hunting eludes a lot of people - those who see not getting anything a failure. Doing it right is part of the satisfaction. At least that's what the Old Man beat into my head!

Your old man is wise. Not only is this hunter satisfaction, it is also the most humane thing to do.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert