Egypt's New Husband Last Rights Law

Started by Bison, April 26, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on April 27, 2012, 03:50:55 AM
Btw, quite semi-topic.

Egypt recently unilaterally broke an important part of the Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty.
They were supposed to allow trade of natural resources, and sell gas to us.
And few days ago, after the pipeline transferring the gas was blown up by islamists once again, they just decided to stop the trade completely.

Add to this the destruction of the Israeli embassy in Cairo and the unwillingness of Egypt to allow us to create a new embassy there.
And the parliament being taken over completely by islamists, who also voted off all the presidential candidates they didn't like, thus placing their boy in power.

And you end up with a very promising future for Mid-East peace :P

I had heard the peace treaty had be partially broken but missed the details. Looks like Egypt is working its way back to getting its ass handed to it again in another war. Sorry to hear that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^Funny how I haven't heard any of that in the news lately here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2012, 09:31:09 AM

"They" don't want to bring it to your attention.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

I second Gus:  I miss Mubarak. 

Quote from: Tpek on April 27, 2012, 03:50:55 AM

And you end up with a very promising future for Mid-East peace :P
Indeed.  Just fire up those nukes you don't have; that will pacify shit pretty damn quickly!  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

Quote from: Bison on April 26, 2012, 11:25:01 AM
OMG.  I'm actually rather speechless about this new law.  Disturbing to say the least.  And on a side note, it's good to see that women are getting more rights under the new Islamic government.   ::)

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives - for up to six hours after their death.
The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.
It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women's rights of getting education and employment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html#ixzz1tAFhDZDb

The whole region is FUBAR.

Bison has referred to the crazy shit that goes on in Afghanistan.  The hypocrisy is staggering.

I read some of the Ayatollah's religious pronouncements when I was doing research for my thesis on the GCC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Cooperation_Council), and I was astonished.  Apparently homosexuality is a sin, but it is a-ok (according to the Ayatollah) for one man to stick his dick in another man's butt, so long as he doesn't go in past the tip.  FUBAR.

Ain't religious politics grand!

Why in the hell anyone would want to have sex with a corpse, let alone define an exception permitting it in law is beyond me.

Gusington

^So many potential quotes of greatness there, appropriate for sig lines, but they're all naughty.

I'm a little worried that the whole Middle East is coalescing into one morass of madness that the West is going to have to get medieval on. Either we sack up or we're going to suffer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2012, 10:23:46 AM
^So many potential quotes of greatness there, appropriate for sig lines, but they're all naughty.

I'm a little worried that the whole Middle East is coalescing into one morass of madness that the West is going to have to get medieval on. Either we sack up or we're going to suffer.

IMHO it's always been one medieval morass of madness, even before the Middle Ages!!

If it wasn't for Israel and oil 'we' would have cut & run decades ago.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 27, 2012, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2012, 09:31:09 AM

"They" don't want to bring it to your attention.

Check your news sources. I suspect the NYT isn't making front page news of how Obama bungled the mideast. It was a bad hand he was dealt to be sure, but he did nothing to try to improve it. Egypt is a mess. Libya isn't likely to be much better. We're standing on the sidelines while the rest of the world shapes Syria. We send strongly worded telegrams to the Norks and Iranians....

No, the NYT is probably going to run headlines on how Hispanics are wary of Romney in Florida.

besilarius

IMHO it's always been one medieval morass of madness, even before the Middle Ages!!

Makes you wish that the East Romans had never lost at Manzikert.
They weren't choirboys or angels, but...
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Centurion40

Quote from: besilarius on April 27, 2012, 07:09:45 PM

Makes you wish that the East Romans had never lost at Manzikert.
They weren't choirboys or angels, but...

I do wish that!  Why I'd even be happy to have the Ottomans back.

besilarius

For those with an interest in Middle Eastern aphrodisiacs (sort of appropriate in this thread?)

Honey, in fact, comes up repeatedly in Arabic aphrodisiacs: and let's face it anything is better than oysters. Take this humbling passage from the Thousand and One Nights

He took two ounces of Chinese cubebs; one ounce of fat; extract of Ionian hemp; one ounce of fresh caryophyle (pinks); one ounce of red cinnamon from Serendib, then drachms of white Malabar cardamom, five of Indian ginger, five of white pepper, five of pimento from the isles, one ounce of the berries of Indian staranise, and half an ounce of mountain thyme. These he mixed cunningly, after having pounded and sieved them. He added pure honey until the whole became a thick paste; then he mingled five grains of musk and an ounce of pounded fish roe with the rest. [He then explained] 'You must eat this paste two hours before the sexual approach, but for three days before that you must eat nothing save roast pigeons excessively seasoned with spice, male fish with the cream complete, and lightly fried ram's eggs. If after all that you do not pierce the very walls of the room and get the foundations of the house with child [!], you can cut off my beard and spit in my face.

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Centurion40

I've never been frisky after extract of Ioanian hemp!  ::)

LongBlade

"Cut off my beard and spit in my face?"

Really?

Staggerwing

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 27, 2012, 08:25:18 PM
I've never been frisky after extract of Ioanian hemp!  ::)

Maybe if you smoked it in a pipe instead of rubbing it on your Straits of Hormuz? Just a thought...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

meadbelly

^Rofl. Never considered the application of the Hormuz Straights to body parts. I like it!

(fyi, "taupe" is not among our glowing word options.)