NCAA ALL TIME TOURNAMENT (ITP Basketball)

Started by PanzersEast, April 14, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Using ITP Basketball (Card) game we are going to have the NCAA All-Time Basketball Tournament.  Just like March Madness, single elimination.  Get your bets in on who will be left standing... will it be Michigan's Fab 5, or Michael Jordan's Tar Heels, or can Larry Bird's Indiana State make a run.... Tournament seeding was random, so all mach-ups are randomized.

bayonetbrant

This isn't really "all time" without any of the 60s-70s UCLA teams, or Oscar Robinson, or Wilt.

Of the teams there, I've never seen a more dominant team than the 90-91 UNLV team that lost to Duke in the semis.

That said, that 81-82 UNC team has 3 hall-of-fame players on it, and they were pretty good in college, too.

The 87-88 OU team had 2 alums from my high school :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 14, 2015, 03:27:57 PM
This isn't really "all time" without any of the 60s-70s UCLA teams, or Oscar Robinson, or Wilt.

Of the teams there, I've never seen a more dominant team than the 90-91 UNLV team that lost to Duke in the semis.

That said, that 81-82 UNC team has 3 hall-of-fame players on it, and they were pretty good in college, too.

The 87-88 OU team had 2 alums from my high school :)

Well, all time in the sense of what was offered from Inside Sports Games  ;)  But yea, the UNLV and UNC teams  would be a very tough draw.  Some interesting match-ups as you get deeper into the tournament.  Place your beats now.....

PE

PanzersEast

Moved this over to the PC side.... the PC adaptation mechanics are just like the board.  From a time standpoint, just easier to play it on pc and pull out the board set when I have time.

PE

Mad Russian

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.