Dominion - it's everywhere!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboyer66

On Quarriors. Making some of your own house rules is a must. The game is supposed to end when you get to 20 points, but that leaves no time for actual deck(dice) building. I have found 30 points leads to a much better game with more strategy and options.
While I enjoy Quarriors, I find it not nearly as good as 7 wonders as far as strategy, ease of play, and fun go. Just a little to much luck involved for my liking.

bayonetbrant

anyone up for lunchtime gaming online?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

0kult13

Downloaded that Andriminion 2.0 , and its really good fun. thanks for the heads up on that. Got my ass kicked twice so far but have been swatting up on tactics and once i get a stratigy down will be trying online.

Bayonet_Chris

One of these days I'll be able to start playing again at lunch time, Brant. Although since I live so close to work, it's just as easy for me to go home and play some Xbox.  ;D

bayonetbrant

I'm on isotropic today if anyone wants some Dominion at lunch
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Rekim

Search for 'Dominion' in the AppStore. It's free, which is amazing considering the high quality of the app. It even uses the original artwork from the tabletop version.

bayonetbrant

I'm on isotropic playing today, if anyone's interested :)

bayonetbrant

OK - a few notes on Androminion

They just released a v3 that totally jacks up the UI.  I had auto-updates set on mine, and I ended up w/ v3 before I knew what was going on.  I uninstalled and re-installed the last v2 build.  You can get the v2 build here: http://code.google.com/p/androminion/

This is the last major Androminion release, as Rio Grande asked them to stop supporting it while they get their own official version out.  If it's as good as the iOS version of Dominion, you'll be plenty happy with it.

In the meantime, make sure you're running a version of Androminion that agrees with you :)

bayonetbrant

w00t!  New Dominion expansion!

QuoteTimes have been hard. To save on money, you've moved out of your old castle and into a luxurious ravine. You didn't like that castle anyway; it was always getting looted and never at a reasonable hour. And if it wasn't barbarians it was the plague, or sometimes both would come at once, and there wouldn't be enough chairs. The ravine is great; you get lots of sun, and you can just drop garbage wherever you want. In your free time you've taken up begging. Begging is brilliant conceptually, but tricky in practice since no one has any money. You beg twigs from the villagers, and they beg them back, but no one really seems to come out ahead. That's just how life is sometimes. You're quietly conquering people, minding your own business, when suddenly there's a plague, or barbarians, or everyone's illiterate, and it's all you can do to cling to some wreckage as the storm passes through. Still, you are sure that, as always, you will triumph over this adversity, or at least do slightly better than everyone else.

Here's the info from the Geek

0kult13

Glad i still have Androminion as the rio grande release was a disaster and they put it back in beta, i hate that they made it online only as i only ever play single player and like to tailor it like you can in Androminion. Androminion is great but i do miss the pictures.

Bayonet_Chris

I'll have to check out the new set. I haven't played on isotropic in a while.

bayonetbrant

Androminion has been killed as of the v3 release.

Honestly, I hate the v3 UI and 'downgraded' back to the v2.04 build because it works better.

It was killed b/c RGG has an official Android version coming.

Also, isotropic has been shut down b/c there's an official online site now, too.  However, the online site is one of those "free to play - but only some of the cards" kinds pieces of shit.  You can't play w/ any expansions w/o "buying" the cards on the site, and if you want to play head-to-head, then everyone in the game has to "buy" the cards to use.  So you can play the base game as a solo - I will admit the AI is pretty good - but anything above that you have to pay for.
It's also a very graphically-intense game, so it can slow down your machine if you have other things running, and there's no disguising it at work, either.

bayonetbrant

New "Guilds" expansion was released at Origins.

I haven't played it, but some of the cards look cool.

JasonPratt

I've been poking around the idea of setting up solo (or at least easier mp) board games thanks to a new iPhone5S (thanks Dad!), and have been hearing horror stories about the official Dominion online attempt. But apparently (from what was said last year on this thread) the iOS version was great?  ???

I'm just curious about the current status of the iOS version (and whether it's even available for iPhone), as I haven't been able to clarify that yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

the iOS one is OK, but the 'unofficial' one for Android is excellent

the online one from goku is crap.