Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

I've seen some of the YouTube's so far and it looks pretty playable already, I'd imagine it can't be far off.  I'd even go for early access on this one if it was in the plan. 

Jo B

even after improving the Ai could not capture the hill before turn 12.

FlickJax

Looks great but I will wait until UK and Commonwealth forces added

al_infierno

Personally, I'll be buying this on launch day even if the only playable forces are Finland and China.   8)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

hellfish6

Quote from: al_infierno on September 14, 2021, 02:36:54 PM
Personally, I'll be buying this on launch day even if the only playable forces are Finland and China.   8)

Amen. Really looking forward to this

FlickJax

Quote from: hellfish6 on September 14, 2021, 03:24:21 PM

Good for you ;)   I understand why developers do this for sales reasons so I dont blame him :)

Just it is way too common in WWII games for the Brits and Commonwealth that were in it from the start to be left out initially

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on September 15, 2021, 04:12:08 AM

Good for you ;)   I understand why developers do this for sales reasons so I dont blame him :)

Just it is way too common in WWII games for the Brits and Commonwealth that were in it from the start to be left out initially

Yeah! If that is your standard, what about the Japanese? Their army was rampaging around in the 1930s way before anyone else even fired a shot.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 15, 2021, 06:46:05 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on September 15, 2021, 04:12:08 AM

Yeah! If that is your standard, what about the Japanese? Their army was rampaging around in the 1930s way before anyone else even fired a shot.  :crazy2:

:)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 15, 2021, 06:46:05 AM
or the Brits and Commonwealth that were in it from the start to be left out initially

The Soviets were in early. Khalkhin Gol - May to Sep '39

Anyway, everyone who has been around wargaming for any length of time knows the commercial hierarchy of WWII theaters. Eastern Front is always on top. European theaters where the Brits and Commonwealth fought are the next tier down, while the East Asian/Pacific theaters they fought in are on the bottom.

But back to the game. I assume that if it is commercially successful, the game will see expansions and DLC for other theaters and nationalities.

I appreciate that the devs are taking their time to get this right. If they do get it right...the Brit/Commonwealth expansion can't be far behind.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

In the US my impression is that the WWII western front was always tops.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on September 15, 2021, 10:01:34 AM
In the US my impression is that the WWII western front was always tops.

And in reverse chronological order- Bulge, then D-Day, then North Africa/Italy, and then Blitzkrieg/Fall of France.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

al_infierno

<:-)  :clap:

Can't say Jo doesn't listen!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao