Started by Anguille, July 31, 2021, 05:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Quote from: glen55 on August 03, 2021, 09:23:51 AM
Quote from: solops on August 03, 2021, 05:41:00 AM
Quote from: glen55 on August 01, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
I always have the same question re any RTS, and it's make-or-break:

Can you give orders while paused?
+1

Thank you. I'll give it a shot.

??? I have the same requirement and question
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

bobarossa

I don't think the +1 means yes but that he wants to know too.  As do I.  I never play RTS that don't allow paused orders.

Anguille

Just tested in my old version of the game and you can give orders while in pause. It is however a very different RTS. Huge amount of troops, huge maps. You don't control single units. You link your units to heroes (i think about 50 per heroe).

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: bobarossa on August 03, 2021, 03:52:24 PM
I don't think the +1 means yes but that he wants to know too.  As do I.  I never play RTS that don't allow paused orders.

RTS games have gone out of style a little, but when they were all the rage I used to get frustrated by reading 5 reviews of a game and not a damn one of them would say whether you can give orders while paused.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

solops

Quote from: glen55 on August 04, 2021, 11:39:11 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on August 03, 2021, 03:52:24 PM

RTS games have gone out of style a little, but when they were all the rage I used to get frustrated by reading 5 reviews of a game and not a damn one of them would say whether you can give orders while paused.
Yes! The single most important requirement and they just would not address it. There have been a LOT of promising games that failed that litmus test.

KR777

Looks like the (dream?) Child step-aunt of Age of Empires and Hegemony? Will wait for some reviews, but I guess this one will have a hard time with AoE4 just around the corner.

Gusington

Released today! 9.99! Kind of a no-brainer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I'm concerned it is going to run like crap on a modern system and not hold up well.

I'll wait to hear from our resident expert.

HURRY, ANGUILLE!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I am also waiting. I have matured...a bit.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2021, 03:09:13 PM
I am also waiting. I have matured...a bit.

I foolishly bought a magazine yesterday for $9.99 that I already have. I'm using that needless extra expense as a justification for holding off on this purchase. So far, it is having the intended psychological effect.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

One thing, appears to be locked in at 1920x1080 resolution as being the highest although the screen looks serviceable.  For $9, worth dabbling with it, likely won't be something I spend a lot of time with.

Gusington

I feel a strong unreasonable affinity for this one. I think I could love it, long time.

Once Anguille gives his seal of approval.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd