Main Menu

That Which Sleeps

Started by Greybriar, October 22, 2014, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Will this be a Steam game? It looks very Lovecraft-ian...I like the premise a lot. It also looks fantastically complex.

Boggit

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 28, 2018, 11:15:48 PM
Original discussion was here. 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11515.msg600113#msg600113

Stopped following around the accusation of fraud by the community stage.
I'd never heard of it before.

This is news to me. It doesn't sound encouraging. I saw the video's Sauron sent me, and thought damn that looks a good dynamic game.  :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

DennisS

I think that this game is back on...does anyone know if this will be released on steam? I saw a couple of videos, and it looks fairly complete.

Tpek

Quote from: DennisS on May 31, 2018, 03:00:44 PM
I think that this game is back on...does anyone know if this will be released on steam? I saw a couple of videos, and it looks fairly complete.

Probably never.
Josh Perry, the developer, seems to be in hiding for years now.
He never answers any questions, inquiries or anything else. Just once every several months, after a *lot* of rage on the KS comments page and
threats of lawsuits, pops up, posts a screenshot or two (or very rarely a video that shows nothing new) and goes back into hiding, without much explanation.
(He originally used the "a family member has died" excused about 3-5 times for why he hasn't worked on the game for years, but even he got tired of it eventually.)