Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on July 19, 2014, 01:50:57 PM
Jomni....the X-plane video seemed to have sharper, clearer images. So you prefer that one over FSX?

Yep.  There are several reasons I prefer X-Plane.  The night lighting is really amazing.
But there are trade-offs...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 18, 2014, 12:41:17 PM
Day one of the Destiny Beta.  If you haven't heard of this game before you will when it comes out in september.  There is so much going on with this game and so many different ways of playing it.  The ai is exceptional as well.  He knows how to dodge and weave and use cover during a firefight.  He also has an annoying habit of sensing when you are trying to flank him.  That's when the ai shows off it's skills by trying to refuse his side if you will.  He'll try to outflank you as you are trying to flank him.  It's almost as if you're playing against another human.

This is one of the early missions in the game that is part of the story.  You get to roam around and do your own thing fairly early as well so you don't have to stick to the story if you don't want to.  But to unlock more levels and planets to get to you must play some of the story.

Downloading beta now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on July 19, 2014, 08:09:12 AM
Any thought of putting this thread up top just beneath the "Share your Screenshots" thread?  Or perhaps there just isn't enough interest to do so?

Your wish is my command.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

here's a short vid of Serious Sam 3 i did a bit ago. When you just want to kill shit...Sam's the man.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Thanks JH for stickying this thread!  And yes get the beta to Destiny.  It has more of the game features jammed in than the alpha had.  You will like it!

-budd-

Serious Sam 3 looks like a lot of fun.  I like the music and the mindless shotgun killing spree you went on.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2014, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on July 19, 2014, 08:09:12 AM
Any thought of putting this thread up top just beneath the "Share your Screenshots" thread?  Or perhaps there just isn't enough interest to do so?

Your wish is my command.

Since you put it that way, how about.... Just kidding of course. Thanks, I hope the thread catches on and more use it.

-budd-

Well taking a little break from PCO and went looking for a little mindless run and gunning. You know the kind of game where you say F*ck the story and i don't want to be running short of ammo either. So i looked to my back log of FPS's which is long but distinguished, Now i'm talking about a game with waves of shotgun fodder so not just any FPS will do ....hmmmmmm...A serious sam game would fit..but no i've had a recent Serious sam fix so were going with something different.......After looking I decided on PAINKILLER.. Black edition...I have no experience with the Painkiller series...it starts off promising, meaning not much story  ... Apparently my girl and I die in a car crash and i end up in some nether region and someone offers me a contract, which if i complete i can see my girl again. It's hinted at that the contract comes from the almighty. I guess Lucifer is gathering an army to attack so i'm tasked with taking out Lucifer's 4 generals, which of course are guarded by hordes of minions...this sounds promising in a shallow, point me in the right direction so i can start blasting kinda way.
So here is level 2 , i don't quite finish the level in the 10 minute bandicam time limit, i reach the last room and finish about a minute after the video ends. Off i go with my trusty shotgun ;D

I PRESENT .....PAINKILLER..BLACK EDITION

W8taminute

^That's some really good footage, especially towards the end.  Funky looking weaponry in that game as well.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

Here is a short clip of my Curtiss P-36 outing last night.  I head for the left side of the map near where our PT-Boats are for suspected enemy activity.  The goal of this match is to destroy all of the enemy ground targets.  As soon as I achieve 'feet wet' I pick up two bogeys at 12 o'clock low which I dive down on to harass.  As I swing up and around to chase them another bogey takes pot shots at my 2 and I begin to bob and weave to try to shake him.  He gets a couple of glancing blows on me but I fly to the mountain hoping he'll overshoot me and crash.  I think he did.

Then I swing around to find the other two bandits.  One of them gets taken out by my team and I locate the other.  I chase him firing wildly hoping to score a hit which I do.  Then I lose him for a bit.  As I turn around to find him a Russian BB-1 dive bomber comes up and finishes the enemy off getting me an air assist. 

Then it's on to the enemy PT-Boats for a little strafing run.  At this point in the match however we're down 26 to 15.  I manage to destroy 3 boats before our team ultimately loses the match but it was a great session none the less.

Rayfer

Quote from: W8taminute on August 03, 2014, 10:02:38 AM
^That's some really good footage, especially towards the end.  Funky looking weaponry in that game as well.

+1. Great video!!

-budd-

Quote from: W8taminute on August 03, 2014, 10:56:27 AM

Then it's on to the enemy PT-Boats for a little strafing run.  At this point in the match however we're down 26 to 15.  I manage to destroy 3 boats before our team ultimately loses the match but it was a great session none the less.

Every time i see footage like this i want to invest in a gaming rig. Nice strafing footage, scenery sure has come along way since i did flight sims... i think it was called Ace patrol. Thanks for sharing.

Toonces

A couple of years ago we were tossing around ideas for music to go into the Israel theater for Freefalcon.  I always thought the Crusades soundtrack from M2TW was pretty awesome so I was explaining this to the lead guy, and then I just put together a bunch of garbage clips I had on my hard drive to some music from Crusades as an example. 

So this was the result...clips from the cutting room floor LOL.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

cool stuff Toonces, but WTH, i never had that music for TW!?

Toonces

Sure you did.  The first song is the opening music from the Crusades campaign.  This is music from the Kingdoms expansion, not vanilla.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on August 03, 2014, 05:24:22 PM
Sure you did.  The first song is the opening music from the Crusades campaign.  This is music from the Kingdoms expansion, not vanilla.

dont make me reinstall it!