Main Menu

Steel Tigers

Started by acctingman, July 06, 2022, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Not sure if anyone was ever following the planned development of this game, but here is the latest word from Slitherine.

We are genuinely sorry that development has stalled on Steel Tigers. As was said it was put on hold, and we have no yet restarted active development on it. We will keep you informed of progress when it restarts. It is definitely something we have a lot of enthusiasm for, but it does need us to have the right team in place to execute it.

Cheers

Pip

The_Admiral

Hope the team is fine.
IIRC this was to be a 2by3 project. These gents, Gary Grigsby, Joel Billings and Keith Brors are among the last living legends of our genre - and when it comes to living legends, I'd very much like them to live on in every single regard, health-wise first & foremost, for many more years to come...!

I'll be patient.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: The_Admiral on July 06, 2022, 10:11:54 PM
Hope the team is fine.
IIRC this was to be a 2by3 project. These gents, Gary Grigsby, Joel Billings and Keith Brors are among the last living legends of our genre - and when it comes to living legends, I'd very much like them to live on in every single regard, health-wise first & foremost, for many more years to come...!

I'll be patient.

Hear, hear!  :clap:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 06, 2022, 10:35:34 PM
Quote from: The_Admiral on July 06, 2022, 10:11:54 PM
Hope the team is fine.

I'll be patient.

Hear, hear!  :clap:

+2  :peace:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

bobarossa

Last I heard before this post was that development would resume when support for WITE 2 slowed down.  Did I miss something?

acctingman

Quote from: bobarossa on July 08, 2022, 11:44:59 AM
Last I heard before this post was that development would resume when support for WITE 2 slowed down.  Did I miss something?

Apparently they do not have the "right" team in place for the project.