Civ 4 Caveman to Cosmos Mod Update

Started by solops, February 16, 2018, 12:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

The Caveman2Cosmos v43.7  For Civ 4 has been out since January...and I just found it. This mod is fantastic. I have been playing it for years. It make me wonder why they ever bothered with Civ 5 and Civ 6. I think Civ 4 with this mod is a far, far better game. It has AI improvements, new techs, new eras, combat changes including a sort of combined arms...LOTS of stuff.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos/downloads/caveman2cosmos-v43

From the ModDB page:

"Caveman2Cosmos is a CivFanatics community mod that add new features and content to the Civilization 4 experience, with almost daily updates since November 2010. It is the spiritual successor the The Civilization 4 mod Rise of Mankind and its addon A New Dawn, and combined the work of over 100+ modders to create a mod to "rule them all". It is developed by StrategyOnly Productions with its modding team made up of prominent members of CivFanatics.

Another year of refinements and improvements. Caveman2Cosmos for 2023. Some more UI and AI improvements as well as some building refinements. Unit sightline and culture growth and decay revisions. The AI isn't perfect yet, but gaining intelligence rapidly and should be very difficult to play against now.

Caveman2Cosmos is the most expansive mod for Civilization IV. It stretches the game from the early prehistoric all the way to the conclusion of Humanity's journey through technology and revolution. Start from the true beginnings of Homo Sapient and end in the farthest future imaginable. Every era has been more intensely detailed and the game rules themselves are pushing the boundaries of the original Civ IV game engine to all kinds of new frontiers. This is a true 'what if' mod that explores the potentials of alternative histories and futures that could have been and yet could be. Warning: Highly Addictive."
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CaptainKoloth

It is amazing. I do wish they'd flesh out the "cosmos" half though, it has a lot of interesting late-game ideas regarding space exploration but the mechanics are all broken (which they freely admit). And I don't mean unbalanced, I mean they literally don't work.