Main Menu

BE-A Walker

Started by Jarhead0331, August 22, 2018, 10:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

There is something that looks extremely satisfying about this game. Mowing down hundreds of natives while piloting a giant mech. Alternatively, I understand you can switch sides and help them protect their world (probably not nearly as satisfying though).

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone or support the indiscriminate slaughter of native indigenous peoples.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/864160/BEA_Walker/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

ENDOR HOLOCAUST SIMULATOR 2019 {/micosoft font}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RommelFox

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 22, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
ENDOR HOLOCAUST SIMULATOR 2019 {/micosoft font}

I'm dying haha.  Someone needs to mod it into an AT-ST and ewoks. 
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

DoctorQuest

I think it needs a "mow down Congress" mod.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone or support the indiscriminate slaughter of our elected representatives.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

It will be interesting to see what comments get posted in the Community Hub for that game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Oh, and if it were BE-J-J Walker, I'd buy it!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

If it were BE-HIRAM Walker I'd buy it!  <:-)

PanzersEast

Die motherf%$*#$!

steve58

Real life version coming soon to Russia.  The 21st century Kalashnikov ???

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/08/22/russian-weapons-company-unveils-13-foot-tall-gold-killer-robot.html

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Well, you've got to start somewhere when building nice tall, easily targeted and easily kneecapped weapon platforms.  >:D  I say good for you, Russia, if you want Atlases you've got to start somewhere!

I mean uh.... aaahhh, no, no, don't make those, whatever else not those, aaahhhh.

{/reverse psychology}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

After which I then remembered:

1.) Russia has a modern tradition of designing really, really good armed scout vehicles. I'm not sure a walker would fit that role, but still maybe the thought counts.

2.) Russia has a history of over-focusing on highly specialized rapid first-strike surprise deployment vehicles, like 500 horsepower tanks meant to shed their treads and roll on autobahns at 100mph, with crappy armor and only medium guns. Maybe I'm looking at what amounts to a Mechwarrior Locust the wrong way....

3.) Russia has a history of giving its state police military grade hardware to use on its own citizens and other civilians. And when I remembered that, then I felt pretty confident what this little mech is ideal for. It's meant to deploy machine guns and "pack" artillery against farmers with rifles and pitchforks.  :knuppel2:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I thought about Ed, too. ;)