Second Breitenfeld, Nov 2, 1642

Started by MengJiao, June 08, 2023, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Here the Swedes defeated the main Imperial Army before heading off to crush Denmark and destroy another Imperial Army.  The battle triggered the beginning of the end of the war as well as (in a round-about way) the end of Denmark as a major power.  But here I am back in the Musket and Pike system.  I guess I've played versions of it off and on for 30 years!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 08, 2023, 11:54:22 AMHere the Swedes defeated the main Imperial Army before heading off to crush Denmark and destroy another Imperial Army.  The battle triggered the beginning of the end of the war as well as (in a round-about way) the end of Denmark as a major power.

The Swedish right gets off to a moderately historical start, fires a lot of pistols and routs some Imperialists:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 09, 2023, 08:14:09 AMThe Swedish right gets off to a moderately historical start, fires a lot of pistols and routs some Imperialists:

Half-an-hour's fighting:  The Swedes are reorganizing on their left and hoping to push the attack on their right:

You cannot view this attachment.