The weekend thread or what I say I will do as opposed to what I will really do

Started by MetalDog, October 26, 2012, 05:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I have Monday and Tuesday off, too, and I will be spending most of the upcoming four days with my S. O.  In between that and the Halloween party tomorrow night, I will get in some CKII and Civ IV.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Preparing for Hurricane Sandy.  I got another standby mobilization order from the Guard.  Could be interesting. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Coming to visit us Jarhead?... Will probably play a lot of XCOM like last weekend ;-)

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

TheCommandTent

Just downloaded the Left 4 Dead 2 game for the free to play weekend on STEAM so I'll be trying to play that.  Also I would really like to find some time sit down and start a new CKII game.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 26, 2012, 06:11:43 AM
Preparing for Hurricane Sandy.  I got another standby mobilization order from the Guard.  Could be interesting. 

People around here are starting to freak about the possibility of Sandy colliding with an early snowstorm.  I hope it doesn't get as bad as some of the "experts" are saying.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

FlickJax

XCOM, WofT's, FM2013 Beta and may buy fallen enchantress still undecided.

MengJiao

Quote from: tgb on October 26, 2012, 08:47:52 AM
XCOM, FE, AGoD

Cataphract boardgame.  RoF and maybe some LockOn, Dangerous Waters, Iron Front, AJE and CKII

Sir Slash

Gonna try CMFI with the v1.01 patch and see if it takes some of the sharp edges off the game and  continuing Third Age TW campaign as Rhun up to my ass in angry dwarves. But Skyrim is calling my name.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

PanzersEast

X-Com, A Game of Dwarves, CK II oh yea forgot AJE ..... try not to make any more impulse buys.... *cough*cough (Conquest of Elysium 3 or Fallen Enchantress, Mark of the Ninja.....)

PE

JudgeDredd

God save me - Euro Truck Simulator 2!

If I can tear myself away from it then some AJE I hope.

I'll also be completing my P-40 model (well - completing build...I'll have to paint it probably next weekend)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Also preparing for the Snor'eastercane or Frankenstorm or whatever you want to call it. Beyond that I will play some Skyrim: Dawnguard if my house doesn't blow away, catch fire or get flooded out. Fun!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

What I say I will do: continue fotzing with learning how to play Great Invasions. Maybe play some Chaos Edition Blood Bowl. Vaguely consider prepping for Disciples 4 by getting hold of Disciples 3. Try to finish the Elven Legacy campaigns as spiritual preparation for Fallen Enchantress. Allow other people to take the FE hits first so the bugs can be ironed out.  :P

What I will actually do: watch Elementary from last night; watch Son of Frankenstein, maybe also Wolf Man and Ghost of Frankenstein with my parents (who have never gone through the FrankenWolf Universal story arc, or really have ever seen those movies). Manage the real-life peons Saturday morning; go to niece's birthday party Saturday afternoon. Work on my side of a three-way online debate Sunday. Wasn't I playing something on the PS3 somewhere...? Wonder where my weekend went Monday morning.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Wolfe1759

Fallen Enchantress - played a couple of hours of it so far and having a lot of fun with it.

SC WW1 Breakthrough France's Struggle campaign - the troops didn't get home before the leaves fall as their generals had predicted, the new year of 1915 beckons and the Hun are threatening to breakthrough in the North.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill