Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Of course today is the first day in 6 weeks that I am physically in the office and I cannot see what Anguille posted above. What is it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2022, 10:20:09 AM
Of course today is the first day in 6 weeks that I am physically in the office and I cannot see what Anguille posted above. What is it?
Tips and impressions ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

It's a good video that includes how the real time battle system works.  A simplified version of the Total War battle style.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I do like how the favorable reviews have begun stacking up in here. The more I hear 'simple' and even 'relaxing' the better it sounds.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just got my Steam notification that it is available...$39.59, you were correct, Grim!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^That's a great opening day price on a game that is a day one purchase anyways. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

fyi:  If you've been on Greenmangaming for a while, it may be cheaper there.  I'm a "bronze" tier and it showing for $30.88 for me (standard edition).  You'll need to login to see your price.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/knights-of-honor-ii-sovereign-pc/

*sigh*  Just grabbed it, but going to wait a bit for some Grog feedback before I redeem the code.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SirAndrewD

Hm. 

After watching a few review videos I'm going to pass on this one for now and hear what the Grogs think.

Otherwise waiting for a sale.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I'm enjoying its pace so far. It has been a long time since I played the original, but this feels very much like it based on my recollection. I don't think its too simple at all. It has a lot of interwoven systems and features. Royal family, selection of heirs, management of knights, construction of buildings in cities with several branching upgrades each, management of resources and economy, balancing of opinions and needs of various classes of citizens, diplomacy, armies, war, etc. It may not be CK level of complexity, but it certainly feels complex enough.

It's early, but so far, so good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Quote from: W8taminute on December 05, 2022, 03:50:17 PM
The best thing to do is read what the gamers themselves are saying and watch the YouTube videos (maybe even ignore the commentator's opinion) and see for your self if you think you would like the game or not. 

I think this is a huge advantage for us as consumers now - any new release gets a slew of Youtubers posting gameplay vids, allowing us to make up our own minds about whether we might like the game.  Back in the day you would have to wade through a bunch of "professional" reviews and then try to decipher what they meant in terms of what the game might be like to actually play.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Father Ted on December 06, 2022, 07:33:42 PM
I think this is a huge advantage for us as consumers now - any new release gets a slew of Youtubers posting gameplay vids, allowing us to make up our own minds about whether we might like the game.  Back in the day you would have to wade through a bunch of "professional" reviews and then try to decipher what they meant in terms of what the game might be like to actually play.

Yeah, I hardly ever read pro reviews anymore.  I think just watching the lets plays and youtube demos that this will be a game I'll like, just not enough for a day one at full price.

Not with the sheer amount of games I barely have any time in at least. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Andy's Take beginner's guide  :nerd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I just spent a few minutes gazing at the 14th century map  :dreamer:

I have to admit I am tickled that Wallachia is playable right out of the box with no modding, starting in 1360 (Late Era).

I also love the minor victory conditions and how customizable they are, including the Destroy Kingdom mechanic which allows the player to win by defeating another kingdom or empire that the game choses, while the player chooses the size of that kingdom.

Oh and The Papal States are in-game, but not playable right now. They'll probably be modded in literally tomorrow. The music is also excellent and relaxing as advertised.

I looked around but did not see a tutorial campaign...did I miss it?

All the above said, I can see this becoming a go to game for me for years and 1000s of hours of gameplay. Multiple eras and the sheer amount of factions to play as really scratches multiple itches.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd