Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Nice, thanks W8. I've become a fan of The Terminator but I think I somehow missed the above when it was new.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Yw!

Yeah Terminator is good because he does excellent Total War videos and he seems to know his stuff.  I have respect for his thoughts and opinions on these types of games.  He also seems to be inline with our gaming tastes.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Yeah Terminator clued me in to a ton of TW mods. Sounds like this new Knights of Honor game will be just as mod friendly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Rob at Explorminate has an advance copy and has done an initial impressions video for this one which I was thinking of picking up but the impressions are certainly not overwhelmingly positive.

I am quite concerned about the lack of either an open beta or early access with this and as far as I know there are no other You Tubers given early copies to try out prior to release tomorrow, just in house streams.

I will hold off for now but see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnl3paMXgEQ
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Thanks Devon - I do agree the lack of beta, etc., is disturbing. But a lot of these pre-lease YouTube posts are pretty positive. I give you 'mangy, flea ridden peasant hordes' here:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: devoncop on December 05, 2022, 10:29:03 AM
Rob at Explorminate has an advance copy and has done an initial impressions video for this one which I was thinking of picking up but the impressions are certainly not overwhelmingly positive.

I am quite concerned about the lack of either an open beta or early access with this and as far as I know there are no other You Tubers given early copies to try out prior to release tomorrow, just in house streams.

I will hold off for now but see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnl3paMXgEQ
I've seen it but he seems negative from the go. We'll see and I'll be playing it from tomorrow evening.

devoncop

Well as Aguille and Gus are well aquainted with the original  and I am not I shall bow to your judgement when you play it.

I think I need to get out of the mindset of being too worried about the combat side and see it as a management style empire builder instead.

Thanks for the balance :-)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Grim.Reaper

I know not the same as open beta/first access, but they did have a "closed beta" where people who requested were able to sign up and participate for at least the last several months.  You did have to sign a non-disclosure form so folks aren't really able to discuss.

For people to enjoy, I believe people just need to have realistic expectations.  If people are expecting a totally different experience and deep/complex game, you might be disappointed.  But if you enjoyed the original and welcome less complexity, I think there is a good game to be had here.  Plus at least for me, the first game was good enough so making it modern and updated for recent times would have been enough to make me buy it anyways:)

Gusington

^Agreed - very much liked the first game and absolutely welcome something strategic and relaxing.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2022, 11:05:23 AM
For people to enjoy, I believe people just need to have realistic expectations.  If people are expecting a totally different experience and deep/complex game, you might be disappointed.  But if you enjoyed the original and welcome less complexity, I think there is a good game to be had here.  Plus at least for me, the first game was good enough so making it modern and updated for recent times would have been enough to make me buy it anyways:)
That's pretty much my expectations

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

SirAndrewD

I actually never played the first so I'm not that worried about this one being repetitive.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Ooh Andy's Take...been watching him longer than Havoc...bring on the dueling reviews!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

In all my years of gaming I've read countless physical magazine articles, seen lots of YouTube reviews, read reviews online at Steam, gaming forums, megacritic, et. al.

The one take away I have now, now that I've matured as a discerning gamer, is that there is a lot of hype, deception, hubris, and people getting paid by the man to say anything and everything to bring you down.  The best thing to do is read what the gamers themselves are saying and watch the YouTube videos (maybe even ignore the commentator's opinion) and see for your self if you think you would like the game or not. 

How many times have you gone to a trusted friend for a car mechanic recommendation and then taken your car to that mechanic?  Only to find out that he's the ripoff artist of the century.  He may have succeeded in fooling your trusted friend but he couldn't fool you. 

IOW don't let someone tell you do or do not buy such and such a game.  Make that decision yourself.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk