[Dominions 6] Grogspocalypse: The Return! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, January 18, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaka

Yskonyn

Good luck! Well that went quickly from 'not in a hurry to start' to 'hurry up you slacker!' !

:D

EDIT: New patch out! 6.03
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

solops

Re last patch 6.03 "Default Magic site freq could be wrong in lobby games". Could this affect us? If so, now is the time to re-start.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on January 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PMRe last patch 6.03 "Default Magic site freq could be wrong in lobby games". Could this affect us? If so, now is the time to re-start.

What say all y'all?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on January 25, 2024, 02:41:04 PM
Quote from: solops on January 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PMRe last patch 6.03 "Default Magic site freq could be wrong in lobby games". Could this affect us? If so, now is the time to re-start.

What say all y'all?

I'm fine with a restart

Yskonyn

My start position is *really* bad; I am situated on a headland (?) with strong indies on the land provinces towards the continental area and weaker ones on the ocean provinces which I cannot enter.
So it would be a turtle game for me for quite a while. Don't mind a restart at all. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tanaka

al_infierno

Ideally I'd like to get an OK from everyone before we restart.  So far:

Tanaka - yes
Ysk - yes
Solops - Yes? (sounded like a yes)
MeInTeam - no opinion
Cpt_Howdy - ?

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 18, 2024, 06:39:13 AMjumping into deep end and i have no life preserver! im choosing Lanka, Land of Demons

Any preference, Cap?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CptHowdy

doesnt matter to me. i will vote yes since it seems the consensus

al_infierno

OK -- Remade the server.  It's called Groggies the return with the same password and settings as before.

- MengJiao

Gusington

It warms the cold ash that remains of my heart to see a vibrant, lively mp thread on these boards again 🥹

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I am on the road today. I am really sorry, but i will not be able to do my turn until this evening (Saturday) when i can get my laptop set up.

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on January 27, 2024, 12:33:36 PMI am on the road today. I am really sorry, but i will not be able to do my turn until this evening (Saturday) when i can get my laptop set up.

No problem!

- MengJiao