Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Computer Gaming / Re: Enter Friday
« Last post by al_infierno on December 03, 2021, 12:33:53 PM »
Heresy!  Blasphemy!  Vile fiends etc etc.!

There is only one true Enter Sandman!   :tickedoff:

Metal nerding aside, this weekend will likely be more Tabletop Simulator as I continue some campaigns in Six Gun Sound and the No Country for Old Men scenario I wrote.  I GM'd the game for my buddy, and he went on a pretty wild adventure before getting his head caved in by an Indian, which we decided was the most appropriately fitting way for a settler in the Old West to die.   #:-)  :hide:

Maybe some Company of Heroes 2 or the beta for 3 while I've got my RTS hat on.
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your videos!
« Last post by al_infierno on December 03, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »
^ I hear Steel Beasts is quite the monster to wrangle. 
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your videos!
« Last post by Russell Ian on December 03, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »

A Steel Beasts video in that magical time between the Cold War and the GWOT
Books & Reading / Re: What are we reading?
« Last post by Gusington on December 03, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »
Yeah he has become one of my favorite writers.
« Last post by Toonces on December 03, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
^ It's a pretty tragic story, actually. 

As for gaming, I'm thinking of booting up Cold Waters with the Ultimate Mod and playing a Russian Papa class sub in the 1984 campaign.

I've got a pretty busy weekend ahead, much delayed maintenance at Casa Toonces, plus Xmas decorations going up and such, so gaming time might be somewhat limited.  Or maybe not.
Books & Reading / Re: What are we reading?
« Last post by Toonces on December 03, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
Hmm, didn't know that...

Don't let me stop you.  I liked what I read, but it just wasn't quite what I was expecting, and I have a few of this books in my Kindle waiting to be read so I just moved on.

I haven't read a bad book by Pressfield yet, so I'm sure there's a very good story in there.

Tabletop AARs / Moulin De Bussy 9am June 16, 1815
« Last post by MengJiao on December 03, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »

Wellington met Bluecher at the windmill at Bussy sometime on the morning of June 16.  The Prussian I Corps was on hand and French cavalry were just turning up.  Supposedly Wellington said something like "Don't worry.  I'll bring up troops to support you."  From what Bluecher could see  from the mill, things looked okay and he was expecting 2 or 3 more of his corps to show up pretty quickly, plus here was Wellington saying he would be arriving with troops soon as well:

« Last post by Anguille on December 03, 2021, 10:04:43 AM »
Wow that's a good song and video.  Is that David Caradine doing sign language?  He looks like Kill Bill. 

David Caradine is long dead. He accidentally killed himself at the age of 72 trying to perform autoerotic asphyxiation. What a way to go.
Didn't realise that... ???
Computer Gaming / Re: Ready or Not
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2021, 10:01:12 AM »
This one has had a "troubled" development cycle, but the developers seem to be listening to feedback and might be turning things around for the better. A new alpha build was just released showcasing progress on the single player aspect of the game and so far, I am impressed. Have only played for a few minutes, but if they keep this up Ready or Not will be a fantastic entry into the tactical FPS genre.

« Last post by Sir Slash on December 03, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
Planning for a quiet day tomorrow so I'll be setting-up my WitE 1 Grand Campaign finally. So, naturally the whole world will probably beat a path to my front door.  :pullhair:  And, watching some great football games I hope. Have a great first weekend of December Grogs.  :bd:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]