A new kind of electrical socket

Started by GDS_Starfury, September 12, 2014, 11:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Im installing a bunch of these tomorrow as replacements for the existing crap thats been in the walls for about 30 years.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=63676&minisite=10251

while not cheap at $25 each they do seem to have some nice heatsinks and the whole back area is fully enclosed and vented.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

I've been tempted to change a few of my receptacles to those with USB slots because the proliferation of USB-charged devices in my house has become ridiculous. Are there GFI versions as well? My most-used plugs are actually by the kitchen sink.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Yep, we're going to have my father-in-law put a few of these in around the house where we use them most.  Probably 1/bedroom plus kitchen and office, and maybe 1 out in the man-cave.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Im not finding any GFCI type outlets but Im sure theyll be available at some point.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bbmike

I've installed a couple of these and love them. Only word of caution is they are a bit larger than a regular outlet so it can be tricky to install sometimes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

eyebiter

GDS_Starfury

it says class 2 USB on the pamphlet .