DM of the Rings + Darth and Droids = DAYS OF YOUR LIFE LOST LOOK AWAY NOW!!!

Started by JasonPratt, January 07, 2015, 02:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I brought this up in another thread recently, but I thought I should share it more obviously.

I've been a fan of Darth and Droids since its early days when they were still 'making' Episode 1. They should be finishing Episode 5 sometime mid-spring by the look of it. Using snapshots from the movie, the writers imagine the Star Wars films were invented not by Lucas (and his army of designers and writers) but by role-playing gamers.

This link goes to the archive where the collections for the first 4 'movies' can be found, and links to most of Empire Strikes Back up to where they are currently (Lando and Leia trying to escape Cloud City).

The project started as a salute to an earlier project, DM of the Rings, which uses snapshots from the film trilogy to imagine if Tolkien was a DM wanting to show off his literary creation and so railroading a group of players through it.

This link isn't as handy as the Dr&Dr, but collects all the installments.

Be ware. Be very aware. The DMotR runs 144 'chapters' plus 'appendices'. The Dr&Dr cracked ONE THOUSAND chapters some time ago.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!