Main Menu

NWOBHM

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 16, 2015, 03:25:50 PM
Ive never been able to get into metal which I've always thought odd considering my punk music roots.
I'll admit that does surprise me a little.  I'd wondered in the past why you've never really posted much (if anything) in the way of metal songs. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 16, 2015, 09:06:28 PM
I saw Iron Maiden on the Fear of the Dark tour in Charlotte with Testament and Corrosion of Conformity opening.  It was the only North Carolina date that CoC played while opening for Iron Maiden on their world tour.  It was kind of a big deal for them, and the crowd.  Testament didn't stand a chance coming on after CoC there.
Not for the first time, I find myself more than a little jealous of your experiences.  :buck2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

cranking up the full album of Piece of Mind on youtube on the work computer today.  With headphones, sadly

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on January 27, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 16, 2015, 09:06:28 PM
I saw Iron Maiden on the Fear of the Dark tour in Charlotte with Testament and Corrosion of Conformity opening.  It was the only North Carolina date that CoC played while opening for Iron Maiden on their world tour.  It was kind of a big deal for them, and the crowd.  Testament didn't stand a chance coming on after CoC there.
Not for the first time, I find myself more than a little jealous of your experiences.  :buck2: 

it was just a concert like any other.  I wasn't cool enough to get backstage that day - just our chief engineer and promotions director got passes for that gig.  We were just out on the lawn.  But we did get in free with the station.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers