Amiga just keeps on and on

Started by besilarius, June 14, 2015, 10:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Quote from: besilarius on June 14, 2015, 10:37:42 AM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a16010/30-year-old-computer-runs-school-heat/?fb_ref=Default

It's the Toyota Hilux of the computer world. It now makes me sad that I sold mine after getting my first PC (a 486DX) about 20-odd years ago.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

And when the Cylons attack that school will be the only one left because it is still using that computer.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

" Fleeing from the Cylon Tyranny, the last school district, Grand Rapida..."
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2015, 07:41:51 PM
:'( Loved my Amiga.

Same here. We started with a 500 and then up-graded to a 600 HD.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

They don't make 'em like they used to!

I recall my old C64s (ended up with two eventually) seemed like they could run indefinitely.  If it weren't for the keyboard keys dying on them.  :(

Sir Slash

My Amiga was like a part of me. Something my girlfriends really enjoyed. ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2015, 02:47:12 PM
My Amiga was like a part of me. Something my girlfriends really enjoyed. ::)

Nudge nudge, wink wink.....say no more, squire!

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Was she into...photography? Eh?

Gusington

I also started with an Amiga 500 and upgraded...that machine was so badass, in 1990. There was nothing like playing the latest Psygnosis games on that machine...the Shadow of the Beast music still loops in my head. And Cinemaware titles like Lords of the Rising Sun, Defender of the Crown and Wings!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Rocket Ranger FTW!

I remember the first time I saw that load up on a buddy's Amiga back in '89 or so. So hawt was that game.  :smitten:

Gusington

Never played it :) I did play the other Cinemaware games to death though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2015, 07:11:02 PM
I also started with an Amiga 500 and upgraded...that machine was so badass, in 1990. There was nothing like playing the latest Psygnosis games on that machine...the Shadow of the Beast music still loops in my head. And Cinemaware titles like Lords of the Rising Sun, Defender of the Crown and Wings!

Paradroid. Dropzone. Rescue on Fractalus, the list goes on..........

'Clip those corners'

Sir Slash

Remember the Power Box that was hooked to the Disk Drive that was hooked to the computer that was hooked to the giant Color Monitor? That displayed, what? Eight different colors?  ;D I looked behind every bush and tree in Might and Magic I.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.