F**k Dell With Sandy, Poisonous Cactus. FedEx, too.

Started by bayonetbrant, July 24, 2015, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Do you still have the old machine? If it has VESA mounting holes on the back you could buy a cheap VESA stand and give it to one of your kids to use. The holes will be either 75mm or 100mm apart and there are stands and wall brackets for each.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 11, 2015, 05:24:47 AM
Do you still have the old machine? If it has VESA mounting holes on the back you could buy a cheap VESA stand and give it to one of your kids to use. The holes will be either 75mm or 100mm apart and there are stands and wall brackets for each.

wife still using old machine while we try to get new Win8 machine to work with hospital VPN
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Boggit

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 11, 2015, 05:21:05 AM
Boggit - we got FedEx to honor the $2k, which left us about $100 short of the cost of the new (and admittedly, vastly-upgraded computer)

No one at Dell or FedEx ever directly apologized for squat.

Humorously enough, though, once I posted the images to Dell's FaceBook page, suddenly I had Dell customer service reps all over the place hitting me up by chat messages wanting to know if my order had arrived, and was I happy with the computer, and did I need help walking thru setup, etc, etc.  But all on FaceBook.  No emails, no phone calls, nothing else.
Well, I guess it could be worse. I hope you mentioned on facebook that Dell had never apologised just to make the point. It sounds like their sudden attention was no more than a PR damage limitation exercise. Did they at any time chance their arm by asking if you'd recommend Dell to a friend? :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat