"What if the Star Wars prequels were good?"

Started by Martok, February 25, 2016, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

I sure wish this guy had written/directed them instead of Lucas.  It would've been an entirely different ballgame. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

^ Wow.

Only watched the first one, but it's really hard to find something wrong with the kid's logic. What he suggests would really have made that movie much more epic.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but damn, they should have had the foresight in the first place.

Martok

Agreed. 

I seriously recommend watching the 2nd & 3rd videos as well, especially if you liked the 1st one.  If anything, his versions of Episodes II & III are even more epic. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

JasonPratt

I watched them long ago, but I haven't seen them in a long time.

The DARTHS AND DROIDS team, while making a satire with Star Wars being invented on the fly by tabletop RPGers, effectively made the prequels better, too. (And after a truly awe-inspiring number of "issues" they will soon be finishing Return of the Jedi, if they haven't done so already -- a few months ago they were still at Jabba's palace, so I expect it'll be much later this year when they finish out.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Watched the other two - impressive.

I really like how he's put Owen and Darth Maul as regular characters. Darth Maul especially was a character that got absolutely no development and was gone before we could really invest any interest in him as a bad guy.

Bison

I didn't really have any issues with the prequels other than someone should have back handed jarjar a time or fifty.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 29, 2016, 06:13:24 PM
I didn't really have any issues with the prequels other than someone should have back handed jarjar a time or fifty.

I think all that Wii U play was warped your mind.  :crazy2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

There were a lot of really good parts to the movies too that people don't give enough credit for developing.

The origins of Boba Fett, the character of Darth Maul and many, many more awesome story lines.

W8taminute

Thanks for sharing this Martok.  Great find!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

You're welcome, W8taminute.  Glad you liked them! 

The friend that I went to visit in Wisconsin two weekends ago (and who's an even bigger Star Wars geek than I am) was the one who brought them to my attention.  I liked this kid's version of TPM well enough, but the 2nd & 3rd videos were what really impressed me.  The guy's definitely got a knack for story structure. 

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 29, 2016, 06:06:34 PM
Watched the other two - impressive.

I really like how he's put Owen and Darth Maul as regular characters. Darth Maul especially was a character that got absolutely no development and was gone before we could really invest any interest in him as a bad guy.
Agreed. 

I also liked Bail Organa's expanded role, and I felt making him Padme's brother was a fairly brilliant stroke.  Remaking Dooku as a more noble character was a nice touch as well; would've loved to see Christopher Lee in that role.