Skyrim on discount (Steam), plus new free DLC

Started by Tpek, February 07, 2012, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

First thread over the Grogheads:

Check out Skyrim on Steam.
Bethesda released a new free optional DLC that adds new high resolution textures to the game for even a more beautiful look.

And to celebrate it the game's on discount, 40$ instead of 60$ (yeah, still not cheap and yet cheaper).

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Thanks. I've played my money's worth out of Skyrim. If you like it, you'll love it and it will be worth the price.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2012, 02:57:37 PM
Thanks. I've played my money's worth out of Skyrim. If you like it, you'll love it and it will be worth the price.

I've still yet to finish it.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Gusington

^Huge open ended RPG set in a Norse inspired mythical world. Has become one of my favorite games in a long time. I had to step away for a while in fear of becoming addicted.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on February 07, 2012, 03:07:15 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2012, 02:57:37 PM

I've still yet to finish it.

My advice is to put off the main quest for as long as possible. I still played after it, but the anticipation wasn't as great.

OTOH, if you really hate those random dragon attacks then you might want to finish it. Dragons will still attack from time to time, but not anything like the frequency if the quest is still open.

Bismarck

Reminiscent of Wizardy I.  Taking out Werdna was easy and anti-climatic.

Wizardy I was the only RPG I every played with other guys I was the only one with an Apple and we played for hours.  When we got to Werdna's cube, we gathered like a SWAT team, checking health, position and magic points. We went in blazing and he only got off one spell.

Good times.
Jim Cobb

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Is it worth getting the Prima guide as well? the two together are just 10 bucks more. Bear in mind that I'm only a tiny bit into
Oblivion and I'm completely lost. Will I get more out of Skyrim if I RTFM?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 07, 2012, 07:58:20 PM
Is it worth getting the Prima guide as well? the two together are just 10 bucks more. Bear in mind that I'm only a tiny bit into
Oblivion and I'm completely lost. Will I get more out of Skyrim if I RTFM?

I wouldn't. There are a bunch of wiki sites out there that can give you help if you need it. Just google "Skyrim vampire quest" or whatever and you'll find what you need.

Gusington

^I respectfully disagree. I have it and love it. It's really well written and I enjoy the game more because of it. I use it as a reference.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Since face time with my computer is less abundant than in previous years I may just get the guide. I'm starting a diet soon
so I'll just say I'm spending my fast-food money.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 07, 2012, 08:14:57 PM
^I respectfully disagree. I have it and love it. It's really well written and I enjoy the game more because of it. I use it as a reference.

Yeah, but you're lame.

Arctic Blast

Oh, come on! I JUST finished complaining about having too many games 2 threads ago! Stupid lack of willpower...