10 Bands I've Seen Live...

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 08:47:21 AM
BB did not see Rage Against the Machine.

Jamus did not see Our Lady Peace...much like the rest of the universe.

Opening act Garden State Arts center May 1996
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 08:47:21 AMBB did not see Rage Against the Machine.

Yep, but I was at the show, just after they played.

Lollapalooza III – they were the opening act. 
When they hit the stage around 11am, I was still at Ft Bragg finishing a 20km ruck march.  I didn't get to Lolla III until the last few songs from Arrested Development, and I was there for Fishbone, Dinosaur Jr, Alice in Chains, and Primus, all of whom sucked that day.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Wow in 68 they were still wee lads eh? That would be like seeing U2 in 1980.

My condolences Jamus. Did you get a Our Lady Peace t shirt?

I win for BB and Rage! This is a fun game, I will post my list later.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Jamus, I'm going to guess Creed, b/c they were the Nickelback-punching-bag of arena rock before Nickelback came along.  You seem too cool for them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 09:01:01 AMI win for BB and Rage! This is a fun game, I will post my list later.

Did you know or were you guessing?  I didn't remember if I ever mentioned it before

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 09:01:01 AM
Wow in 68 they were still wee lads eh? That would be like seeing U2 in 1980.

My condolences Jamus. Did you get a Our Lady Peace t shirt?

I win for BB and Rage! This is a fun game, I will post my list later.

My bad, it was 1969
http://homeofmetal.com/the-archive/led-zeppelin-flyer-birmingham-town-hall-1969/
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 27, 2017, 09:01:26 AM
Jamus, I'm going to guess Creed, b/c they were the Nickelback-punching-bag of arena rock before Nickelback came along.  You seem too cool for them.

I saw Creed in Jacksonville, FL in early 1998 at Club 5. This was right before they hit it big but they were well known in the North Fl region. And yes if it was any later I would mostly not have gone to see them. Their first album was actually pretty good IMO

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jamus34 on April 27, 2017, 09:14:04 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 27, 2017, 09:01:26 AM

I saw Creed in Jacksonville, FL in early 1998 at Club 5. This was right before they hit it big but they were well known in the North Fl region. And yes if it was any later I would mostly not have gone to see them. Their first album was actually pretty good IMO

Yeah in 97-98, they were hitting the same 6-8 cities about every 4 months, and each gig, they doubled the crowd size.  They hit their 2-3 cities in FL where they had hometown crowds, and then San Antonio, Phoenix, LA, etc where they could rely on some good-sized hard rock crowds.  It was a very smart way to build a big audience in a couple of reliable cities, and then expand the footprint from there.

Gusington

Jamus - did Creed do that song they put together for the Spiderman soundtrack when you saw them? 'He's a spider...he's a man...' etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Oh, I want to play!

1. Bob Seger
2. Gordon Lightfoot
3. Heart
4. Bruce Springsteen
5. Chicago
6. Deep Purple
7. Elvis Presley
8. Blue Oyster Cult
9. Joan Jett
10. The Eagles

airboy

My wife and I have been to 100+ concerts.  Mostly punk and power-pop bands.

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 09:34:46 AM
Jamus - did Creed do that song they put together for the Spiderman soundtrack when you saw them? 'He's a spider...he's a man...' etc.

Bastards... hey, it got me some ass, what do you want?

Steelgrave

Quote from: airboy on April 27, 2017, 09:37:35 AM
My wife and I have been to 100+ concerts.  Mostly punk and power-pop bands.

Somewhere in the early 90's life got too busy and I haven't been to a concert in years. Now that I have the time, I'm not into the crowds. I've started searching for acts in smaller venues lately.

Barthheart