Main Menu

12 Strong

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, January 25, 2018, 03:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on January 29, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

I've already submitted a copyright application for  "Atomic Battle Kraken"

When I was in my senior year, I took a Cold War class with one of my regular professors and mentors.  On a take home test where we were to go into the lead up political reasons for the Vietnam War, I wrote and extensive answer that involved Battle Krakens, Hitler's broken body recuperating in a Storm Shrouded Castle in Hanoi and getting bionic upgrades, Mecha-JFK ect.  It was pretty epic.  I gave the real answer after about two pages. 

The funny thing is that it ended up making sense and fitting with history by the end.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 29, 2018, 07:31:12 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 29, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

I've already submitted a copyright application for  "Atomic Battle Kraken"

When I was in my senior year, I took a Cold War class with one of my regular professors and mentors.  On a take home test where we were to go into the lead up political reasons for the Vietnam War, I wrote and extensive answer that involved Battle Krakens, Hitler's broken body recuperating in a Storm Shrouded Castle in Hanoi and getting bionic upgrades, Mecha-JFK ect.  It was pretty epic.  I gave the real answer after about two pages. 

The funny thing is that it ended up making sense and fitting with history by the end.

I like how you roll
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on January 29, 2018, 07:36:22 PM

I like how you roll

He deserved it.  The step for the first question on that test was "Read Gar Alperovitz's "The Decision to use the Atomic Bomb".   This is why you never accept a professor's offer to skip finals for a take home exam.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback