I'm finally convinced...

Started by Jarhead0331, March 10, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^Alright, but honestly...I'm not a big fan of windows doing anything on its own, without my express say so.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

You're running Win10, right? There's lots of things Windows is doing on it's own in Win10 :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2018, 01:11:23 PM
^Alright, but honestly...I'm not a big fan of windows doing anything on its own, without my express say so.

Good luck with that. One of my biggest beefs with Win 10 is that it will reset configuration setting as part of Windows Update. A good example is I always disable the camera on my laptops unless I really need it. I did that on my work Win 10 rig and lo and behold, after a Win 10 update, the camera was back to enabled.

I was not amused.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on March 19, 2018, 01:18:37 PM
You're running Win10, right? There's lots of things Windows is doing on it's own in Win10 :P

Yes...but I've shut most of that down. At least, those things that it lets you shut down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

Well, the defrag should only be happening once a month (and for what sounds like a good reason).

I don't like a lot of things MS has done since Win7, but they have become much better about routine maintenance stuff.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 19, 2018, 11:38:15 AM
This new activity I'm talking about doesn't show up as listed on the Steam dl window at all. The activity tracker across the top will show it, but it won't list what it's doing. I only know it's downloading an update for a game because of the mouseover on the systemtray icon. (...or, heck, that's what it says it's doing, which might be a lie. So I don't know for sure.)

Fair enough if you're not used to this on Windows, but honestly, this is the way it has always been on Linux.  I doubt it's anything untoward.

flepliggit

I have heard that every boat pulls air different and that may explain your observation.

What blade length you running  fl cracker?

Gusington

^Spam...but really odd spam.

Good bye.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2018, 06:21:00 PM
^Spam...but really odd spam.

Good bye.

Correction...pretty hilarious spam. That's the way to do it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Steelgrave

Don't those guys have elections to hack or something other than bother honest people?   :idiot2:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd