Main Menu

Tech Housecleaning

Started by airboy, February 29, 2020, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Today I finished cleaning my office.  This included moving my big computer desk, thoroughly wiping everything down, taking the PC box off, and vacuuming up all of the accumulated dust.

I try to do this every six months, but it was 9 months since the last time I did this.  Because my PC is liquid cooled, the dust level was a fraction of what it was with an air cooled machine.  Still, there was accumulated dust.

Since I retired and shut down my businesses and also disposed of almost all of my academic stuff, I was able to toss four of my five filing cabinets and about four bookcases worth of stuff.  Fortunately, the three big bookcases and three filing cabinets were at my university office and never made it home.  But even my home office is down one of two filing cabinets and one bookcase.

demjansk1942

I have to get rid of stuff one of these days.

Martok

Quote from: demjansk1942 on March 01, 2020, 08:57:59 PM
I have to get rid of stuff one of these days.
I've been saying that for years now.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bobarossa

I still have Borland C manuals and disks I can bear to part with.

airboy

My severe allergies drive me into action on old paper.

Gusington

You can pry my stuff from my cold dead hands.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: airboy on March 02, 2020, 10:41:56 AM
My severe allergies drive me into action on old paper.
They're inside a cabinet with my 3.5 inch drives and IDE cables, so I don't have to smell them.