Digital Gaming > Console Gaming

Who Pre Ordered New Console?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Grim.Reaper:

--- Quote from: jamus34 on September 22, 2020, 11:18:14 AM ---I almost never preorder and try to wait until they identify and correct any issues that invariably pop up.

That said Iím pretty intrigued with the PS5 and will definitely pick one up at some point, probably next year.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that is one of my considerations...doubt it will come without some kind of flaw that would bug me.

al_infierno:
I have a buddy who bought a PS4 on release day (or preordered? don't remember) and ended up having a nightmarish time dealing with hardware issues because of some faulty HDMI slots on the very early PS4s.  Pretty sure he sent that thing back into Sony at least half a dozen times over the course of several months.

After that, I'll never buy a console that hasn't been market tested for at least 6-12 months.

W8taminute:
I've been a console/pc gamer since 1989.  I've owned many pcs as well as a NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, and a PS4. 

I can honestly tell you though that I will not participate in the next gen consoles.  The simple reason is I absolutely REFUSE to pay 60 dollars or more per year in order to be allowed to play online with someone.  I can play thousands of titles on my gaming rig online with friends for FREE whenever I want. 

Why should I be coerced into playing games on a console and forking over extra cash to be allowed to engage in multiplayer?  Not buying the subscription is not an option because then my trophies will not get date stamped when I unlock them.  If you think I'm being a baby about that yes you're right I am being a baby but that's what makes me tick and I love it!

Gusington:
You have to pay to play MP?? I would pay not to!

W8taminute:

--- Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2020, 01:55:31 PM ---You have to pay to play MP?? I would pay not to!

--- End quote ---

Yeah they started making people pay to play online back with the XBOX360 and PS3 iteration of the console wars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version