Main Menu

Hello!

Started by amichaell, October 22, 2020, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amichaell

Hi, from northeast Florida U.S. I've been lurking for a while; decided to join up! Happy to be here.

Gusington

Greetings and welcome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Welcome!  O0

Any favorite games you've been playing recently?  Wargames or otherwise?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

Welcome aboard!  Look forward to talking games with you in our forums.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

Quote from: amichaell on October 22, 2020, 03:29:39 PM
Hi, from northeast Florida U.S. I've been lurking for a while; decided to join up! Happy to be here.
Welcome aboard!  You live in the Jacksonville area?  That used to be my stomping grounds.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MetalDog

Welcome!  Happy to have you!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Hey there! Glad to have you aboard.

Enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

amichaell

Quote from: al_infierno on October 22, 2020, 03:49:05 PM
Welcome!  O0

Been playing some miniature wargames - Black Powder, Blood & Plunder, and Blood & Valor. A bit of Oak & Iron. We have our own game in development, though won't be out until next year.

We also play board games and pencil & paper RPGs often. Just like playing games in general.

amichaell

Quote from: Tripoli on October 22, 2020, 04:24:22 PM
Quote from: amichaell on October 22, 2020, 03:29:39 PM
Welcome aboard!  You live in the Jacksonville area?  That used to be my stomping grounds.

Just above Jacksonville in Yulee. I play at Borderlands in Jax often if you know where that is.

al_infierno

Quote from: amichaell on October 22, 2020, 06:39:00 PM
Welcome!  O0

Been playing some miniature wargames - Black Powder, Blood & Plunder, and Blood & Valor. A bit of Oak & Iron. We have our own game in development, though won't be out until next year.

I've always liked the looks of Black Powder minis.  Can you tell us anything about your game yet, or is it still under the covers?  ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

amichaell

Quote from: al_infierno on October 22, 2020, 07:02:53 PM
Quote from: amichaell on October 22, 2020, 06:39:00 PM
Welcome!  O0

I've always liked the looks of Black Powder minis.  Can you tell us anything about your game yet, or is it still under the covers?  ;)

I played a few games of BP (Napoleonics and Crimean War) and then bought some Napoleonic era Russians from Perry. I just need to paint them now. So many and I am such a slow painter. :) BP is a nice system that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Our game is intended to be a multi-genre mass wargame. So one set of rules to multiple periods/genres - historical, fantasy, black powder, WWII, and sci fi. We were originally targeting 6 mm, though have since discarded that as we don't care about the mini scale.

We have free copies of the rules as they are undergoing development available in our facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AgesofConflict

Sir Slash

Welcome to the Grogs amichaell. It'll be great to have another Florida guy hanging-out here to take the pressure off me some. ----Whispered---- They're so jealous of us here. Shhh... O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BrianRossman

Hello everyone. Nice to be a part of this community

Tripoli

Quote from: BrianRossman on April 08, 2021, 03:55:38 AM

Hello, Brian!  Welcome aboard!  What type of wargames do you play?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on April 08, 2021, 08:56:13 AM
Quote from: BrianRossman on April 08, 2021, 03:55:38 AM

Hello, Brian!  Welcome aboard!  What type of wargames do you play?

Most of his gaming focuses on the Great Spam War of 1914
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18