Main Menu

Hey Jarhead!

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, August 16, 2012, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I ordered a .204 Remington R15 VTR Predator about a month ago.  The gun shop finally called today and said they simply weren't able to get one in and offered me a DPMS in .223 instead.

the guy said that Remington's walking away from the .204 and it's getting harder and harder to find ammo for it these days.  Can you enlighten me?  I have a bolt action .204 and I really like the round so I was hoping to get a semi auto version.  The Panther LR .204 is available and I was thinking about picking one up but those are restricted up here so I can only use that one at the range.

Any info on what's going on with the .204?  Also, what's up with Ruger?  Getting new stuff in from them here in BC is like pulling teeth right now. 

eyebiter

http://www.204ruger.com/forum/

If you plan to stick with the .204 Ruger cartridge order extra 5mm bullets, brass, and reloading dies now while they are still available.  Once they go out of production the resellers usually double the price.

Couldn't you just buy a standard AR, then get a different upper in .204?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, I don't have the space for my own reloading bench and kit so I'm at the mercy of the market here.  Finding .204 locally is like winning the lotto.

LongBlade

I looked it up on Amazon hoping that would solve your problem, but they don't sell it. Sorry.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.